CL Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Buy1Sell2, May 3, 2017.

1. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

Counter trend bottom fishing to establish positional trade with only reasoning that macro trend is up (which is questionable) :cool:

#321     Jul 5, 2017
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. tfp

tfp

Pent up volatility during Holiday weeks can easily result in 50 tick retail stopouts when news comes out (weekly API report). For London open, will be looking to see if she can fuel some momentum above 4550s and power back up to 4650s. The closer to 45s for possible entry the better (only during London open). Sustain activity below 45s negates the setup.

Mindful of EIA Inventories at 11:00 ET on Thursday. We don't care what the news is, only when it occurs.

If you trade CL without knowing the 3 most important times of each week, good luck!

[​IMG]

#322     Jul 5, 2017
  3. Overnight

Overnight

Aside from the usual 10:30ET Wednesday report, what are the other two important times for CL?

#323     Jul 5, 2017
    murray t turtle likes this.
  4. algofy

algofy

Thought the same thing ... maybe 9am and 230pm est old pit session times? I know there is also a rig count at some point but I've never paid attention to it.

#324     Jul 5, 2017
  5. tfp

tfp

You already have the weekly EIA inventories.

Weekly API Report (typically Tuesdays 15:30 CT, but we had one today due to holiday - hence the 50-100 tick rejection spike we saw late afternoon today - that was not random).
    http://www.api.org/~/media/Files/Publications/WSB-2017-schedule.pdf

Baker Hughes Rig Count Fridays 12:00 CT.
    http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=79687&p=irol-rigcountsoverview

We don't really care what the news is - only when and that it exists. It's not that these news events create bullish or bearish conditions - it's more that they serve as very useful reference points 'imprinted' for the rest of the week and into next week.

Take the reaction/price behavior relative to the news 'imprints', combine with your own order flow and tape reading skills, and you have the ingredients to develop a very interesting trading strategy ;)

#325     Jul 5, 2017
    algofy likes this.
  6. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Don't know if there were news or not, but something has aided our position hier. --at least temporarily.

#326     Jul 6, 2017
  7. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

We'll need to break above 47.32 fairly soon or I will be looking to sell.

#327     Jul 6, 2017
  8. Weekly Oil Report came out today instead of yesterday due to the holiday. If you weren't a paper trader, you would know this.

#328     Jul 6, 2017
  9. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

I only trade chart/price/indicator combo. I do not want to know news. It's too much information.

#329     Jul 6, 2017
  10. tfp

tfp

4650s: Target Acquired - onto the next trade.

For next week - now that we know the 3 most important times each week, there are also 3 key times each day...

#330     Jul 6, 2017
    algofy likes this.