CL Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Buy1Sell2, May 3, 2017.

1. speedo

speedo

I never understood why people were concerned with other peoples trades.

#251     Jun 15, 2017
    Chubbly likes this.
  2. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

Since this is a public forum I'd just like to inquire what are the reasons to keep going long. Thanks.

#252     Jun 15, 2017
    murray t turtle likes this.
  3. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Current Journal Tally---
    6 trades. 2 winners, 4 losers
    Net loss 2.60 plus 6 commissions.

#253     Jun 15, 2017
    murray t turtle likes this.
  4. speedo

speedo

That's fine if it suits you but people rarely give a reason for their trades. If you don't know their trade plan and are not looking at their charts then it's a guessing game anyway.

#254     Jun 15, 2017
  5. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

If people just post calls without wanting to discuss, then might as well keep a private journal, no?

#255     Jun 15, 2017
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

I'll give you kudos for the accountability. You post your trades in real time and you accurately reflect the results. I can't knock that. That's rare on ET. I don't understand the trades but that's fine. The only criticism I have is I wish you would explain your reasoning for your bullishness. I'm much more interested in why people take the trades they take vs the actual numbers. Because the "why" invites dialogue. Just posting numbers doesn't really offer that.

#256     Jun 15, 2017
  7. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

Great post.

#257     Jun 15, 2017
  8. speedo

speedo

I don't try to guess other's motivations, simply don't see the point of the exercise but to each one's own. My own trades demand enough focus without bothering about someone else's. When I was learning, I had the good fortune to be in an environment of experienced traders who posted charts, entries, exits and explained the signals....that was very useful. If you find value in something less than good for you.

#258     Jun 15, 2017
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Then why post the trades? Like you said, your trades demand focus. Why even bother? To further add to this, what stops you from adding some comments on some quiet sunday morning saying, here is what I'm thinking. It's not against the law, but this is a message board and the purpose of it is to discuss. You don't have to of course, but it does make the experience more enjoyable.

#259     Jun 15, 2017
    themickey likes this.
  10. speedo

speedo

Then enjoy.

#260     Jun 15, 2017