CL Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Buy1Sell2, May 3, 2017.

1. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Current Journal Tally---
    2 trades. 0 winners, 2 losers
    Net loss 2.67 plus 2 commissions.

#101     May 15, 2017
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

#102     May 15, 2017
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

You stated on the ES thread that your risk is the same on all positions as a % of your account. Your stop width thereby dictates your size i.e a 1Pt stop will be a larger position then one with a 2 pt stop. Why would you abandon that for this thread? And honestly, crude oil requires 10 times better risk management then ES. It's asinine to trade the same number of contracts in CL with different stop levels. Just one man's opinion...

#103     May 15, 2017
  4. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

No. I never risk more than 2 percent of Total Liquid Net Worth on any one trade or idea. That doesn't mean I am risking the full 2 percent each time. There are lots of stop levels that keep me inside the 2 percent number with the same number of contracts.

#104     May 15, 2017
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Fair enough. I recall you mentioning some formula you use to determine the # of contracts based on the size of your stop.

#105     May 15, 2017
  6. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

@Maverick74 I consider bottom picking quite a lucrative endeavor as the sharper the drop in an index towards a weighted support the less the risk vs reward, which is key to sustain a positive equity curve. Could you possibly post more regarding your opinion on this being a net negative exercise? Thanks.

#106     May 16, 2017
  7. tfp

tfp

Hats off to anyone willing to keep a journal, and openly sharing/reflecting on winners, losers. Everyone has their individual reasons to share, reflect, or not. The best part is... if you think you can do better - then you are welcome to do so (or at least try). If you don't buy any of the BS, you are free to go elsewhere. A few years ago, one of the most profound traders in the business shared live footage of his trades in real-time...

No one believed it to be true, yet he was remarkably profitably beyond most comprehension. He was accused of paper trading - observers even debated whether the color of the DOM revealed paper vs. live mode. Yet if one is that crazy profitable at paper trading, why wouldn't one settle for even half the profits with real dough? To this day, no one knows for sure if this guy's profits were real - he can only answer to himself, and he owes no one an explanation. Let the markets decide.

Crude is screwed, man.

#107     May 16, 2017
    themickey likes this.
  8. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Current pricing is 49.31. Staying long from 44.15 right now.

#108     May 17, 2017
  9. %%
    PT Jones does fine aiming/hitting @ bottoms; i would not call it picking bottoms. Most do some sort of trend trading/ investing.Takes all kinds to make a market; prefer good trends myself

#109     May 17, 2017
    Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  10. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

I think nearly all trades involve picking bottoms and picking tops on some time frame.

#110     May 17, 2017