CL is wild :-(

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by TraderSU, Sep 23, 2009.

1. So far ET forum (whose members include many successful traders and authors) was very helpful to me and I'm hoping that things will stay like this. In rare occasions, I even got response through PM (if poster didn't not want to share it publicly and I respect that).

Guess the world is too big to compete among ourselves.

#41     Sep 24, 2009
  2. ourselves ... hahaha

#42     Sep 24, 2009
  3. Did that dumb fire they showed on CNBC spike crude before 9:00. WTF was all that action.

#43     Sep 25, 2009
  4. Not sure, but I enjoyed have two trades completed this morning anyway. (+91 and +53). Done for the week.

Found this on WSJ.

By Reza Amanat
    Of DOW JONES NEWSWIRES
    LONDON (Dow Jones)--Crude futures stage a tentative comeback Friday, with traders taking advantage of a $6 loss in the previous trade session to cover short positions.

However, the market's mood is likely to stay downbeat after Nymex light, sweet crude values fell by 4.5% to one-month lows Thursday, weighed down by hefty U.S. stock builds and negative macro data, participants said.

"Price rises have been ahead of the physical market, being driven by optimism and risk appetite...but when you get negative economic data, optimism and risk appetite diminish [leading prices lower]," said Thina Saltvedt, senior oil market analyst at Nordea Bank Norge in Oslo.

Oil prices are likely to flutter between $65-$75 a barrel until the end of the year when supply and demand fundamentals find equilibrium, she added.

#44     Sep 25, 2009