CL is crazy!

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Jfranco_2003, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I was only commenting on the statement"Professional traders don't do prediction." Not any service or trade service.

#11     Aug 12, 2019
    Jfranco_2003 likes this.
  2. REDP1800

REDP1800

i predict correctly every day that i trade. i am predicting that my predictions will make me profits

#12     Aug 12, 2019
  3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Surely you don't believe that market news does not move the markets ?

To be more specific, do you believe that news about oil has no impact on price movement of Light Crude or Brent when the news is released ?

wrbtrader

#13     Aug 12, 2019
  4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

One may argue that institutional trading firms these days mainly use predictive models and automated trading systems that dominate the markets these days.

Yet, its still odd to see one of those firms talk about their forecasts on Bloomberg and then see a competing firm talk about their forecasts making the opposite predictions on CNBC.

The good thing is that one will be right and earn the right to say "it works". :D

wrbtrader

#14     Aug 12, 2019
  5. The price of all markets moves by supply and demand, the news can make that a lot of people buy or sell, but if, for example, just released news about China won't use more petroleum to make the chinese food:wtf: (Jaja equisde) because they just researched another better way, but in the market, a group of investment funds buy all, the prices will rise.

#15     Aug 12, 2019
  6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

What do you think creates or causes the changes in supply/demand ?

wrbtrader

#16     Aug 12, 2019
  7. The mind of each investor, the herd follows the news to trade, and the real traders looks the charts.

#17     Aug 12, 2019
    _eug_ likes this.
  8. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

There's a difference between following the news to trade versus knowing what's causing the changes in supply/demand.

If you do not know the difference between the two...you will eventually get lost.

Simply, understanding and knowing the reasons for the change in suppy/demand does not imply you're following the herd nor imply you're trading the news. :D

wrbtrader

#18     Aug 12, 2019
    Jfranco_2003 likes this.
  9. maxinger

maxinger

up it goes. now at 55.30

since 7 Aug, there have been many good signals to long the crude oil.

#19     Aug 13, 2019
  10. REDP1800

REDP1800

wrong on all levels

#20     Aug 14, 2019