CL, ES, FDAX, GC, Signals 41k YTD

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by trading_time, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Like I said before I got a method that works, I offered to show my records to anyone who is serious about this.

My risks parameters are not out of line for the account size I am trading, this is one of the reasons why I have consistency.

It's all about money management, and who says you can't have that with averaging down/up?

I average up in CL some times just as much as I average down..

Figure out a system, figure out your risk parameters, have a plan, stick to it, and make money.. If you can do these things you can make money every day consistently..

TT

#11     Mar 23, 2012
  2. ixus

ixus

Hope you didn't average down against that move!

#12     Mar 23, 2012
  3. [​IMG]

#13     Mar 23, 2012
  4. Manage risk, Manage losses, and the wins come automatically...

43.4k for the YTD now, no major draws... Must be luck.

[​IMG]

#14     Mar 23, 2012
  5. ixus

ixus

You're missing the point.

If you had those returns with 5/6 lots in the futures market people might take notice. With the size you're talking about, you should be generating far greater returns.

Your max up day is brutal for that size being honest.

#15     Mar 23, 2012
  6. I thrive on volatility, the more the better.. im ready to get back to ES 20 point days! LETS ROLL!!!

#16     Mar 23, 2012
  7. I can see your point sort of. Green is Green, how can you say what someone should or should not be doing. I do not win on every trade. I have losses like everyone else.

#17     Mar 23, 2012
  8. swag

swag

What are your backtested returns during high vola? Most of the markets you trade have been way too stable YTD to think you have 'edge', unless you have tested/traded during higher volatility.

#18     Mar 23, 2012
  9. I've never backtested before, I don't know how, but I have been trading for 8 years, and when the markets are more vola I make 2-3 times as much as I do now..

No one has taken me up on my offer for free sigs.. Which is fine... I'll show my equity curve again later in the year... We'll see how I stand then..

I guess all the naysayers can wish me luck, since you have no idea on my system, so keep on judging while im making all the money.

TT

#19     Mar 23, 2012
  10. Don't dick around with signals, just do your thing, you're asking for some lawyer to take you to the cleaner and other unwanted liabilities.

#20     Mar 23, 2012