CL and ES trading broker

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by battles, Nov 23, 2016.

1. battles

battles

I started to trade CL and ES options in IB. But I was charged large exposure fee with big margin requirement. I am wondering if there is better brokers to trade CL and ES future options. Thanks.

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Are you selling a lot of naked options? Send me a sample portfolio with your contact information so I can give you a call.

Bob

3. I think you can assume so. IB wouldn't charge a 'large exposure fee' if he were trading rather than just selling options.

murray t turtle likes this.
  4. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

We would like to help you with the ES options, and we work with the ADM risk team to provide reasonable margins if you are responsible options seller. You can reach out to discuss this any time. We can run a sim analysis of your portfolio with +4/-4 SD to see what risk you actually holding in your portfolio. This may be of interest to you as well.

5. Since I've been trading, I dabbled with selling options as well. Didn't stick with it though. But I did sell options with Cannon Trading my current broker. They are very accommodative with margins, information and the platform I use was easy to sell options.

6. CBC

CBC

AMP will have options available through CQG soon.