Civil Unrest?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by flytiger, Dec 20, 2008.

1. I lost the thread, but someone was busting someones chops about secret Congressional meetings, the army being pulled for crowd control......... What are these people seeing? I see people going to retire, and having seen the bureaucrats
    piss it all away, taking to the streets. Or I see them occupying what's left of Wall St. or a big bank. They'll only take so much, and who knows what delights await us in the new year better than the people that brought you the great depression - the politicians:

Business News - Local News
    Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 11:36am MST | Modified: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 12:05pm

Ariz. police say they are prepared as War College warns military must prep for unrest; IMF warns of economic riots

Phoenix Business Journal - by Mike Sunnucks

A new report by the U.S. Army War College talks about the possibility of Pentagon resources and troops being used should the economic crisis lead to civil unrest, such as protests against businesses and government or runs on beleaguered banks.

“Widespread civil violence inside the United States would force the defense establishment to reorient priorities in extremis to defend basic domestic order and human security,” said the War College report.

The study says economic collapse, terrorism and loss of legal order are among possible domestic shocks that might require military action within the U.S.

International Monetary Fund Managing Director Dominique Strauss-Kahn warned Wednesday of economy-related riots and unrest in various global markets if the financial crisis is not addressed and lower-income households are hurt by credit constraints and rising unemployment.

U.S. Sen. James Inhofe, R-Okla., and U.S. Rep. Brad Sherman, D-Calif., both said U.S. Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson brought up a worst-case scenario as he pushed for the Wall Street bailout in September. Paulson, former Goldman Sachs CEO, said that might even require a declaration of martial law, the two noted.

State and local police in Arizona say they have broad plans to deal with social unrest, including trouble resulting from economic distress. The security and police agencies declined to give specifics, but said they would employ existing and generalized emergency responses to civil unrest that arises for any reason.

“The Phoenix Police Department is not expecting any civil unrest at this time, but we always train to prepare for any civil unrest issue. We have a Tactical Response Unit that trains continually and has deployed on many occasions for any potential civil unrest issue,” said Phoenix Police spokesman Andy Hill.

“We have well established plans in place for such civil unrest,” said Scottsdale Police spokesman Mark Clark.

Clark, Hill and other local police officials said the region did plenty of planning and emergency management training for the Super Bowl in February in Glendale.

“We’re prepared,” said Maricopa County Sheriff Deputy Chief Dave Trombi citing his office’s past dealings with immigration marches and major events.

Super Bowl security efforts included personnel and resources from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and U.S. military’s Northern Command, which coordinated with Arizona officials. The Northern Command was created after 9/11 to have troops and Defense Department resources ready to respond to security problems, terrorism and natural disasters.

Northern Command spokesman Michael Kucharek and Arizona Army National Guard Major. Paul Aguirre said they are not aware of any new planning for domestic situations related to the economy.

Nick Dranias, director of constitutional government at the libertarian Goldwater Institute, said a declaration of marital law would be an extraordinary event and give military control over civilian authorities and institutions. Dranias said the Posse Comitatus Act restricts the U.S. military’s role in domestic law enforcement. But he points to a 1994 U.S. Defense Department Directive (DODD 3025) he says allows military commanders to take emergency actions in domestic situations to save lives, prevent suffering or mitigate great property damage.

Dranias said such an emergency declaration could worsen the economic situation and doubts extreme measures will been taken. “I don’t think it’s likely. But it’s not impossible,” he said.

The economy is in recession. Consumer spending is down, foreclosures are up and a host of businesses are laying off workers and struggling with tight credit and the troubled housing and financial markets. The U.S. Federal Reserve Bank and U.S. Treasury Department have pumped more than $8.5 trillion into the economy via equity purchases of bank stocks, liquidity infusions, Wall Street and bank bailouts and taxpayer rebates. U.S. automakers are seeking more than $14 billion in federal loans with fears they could fall into bankruptcy without a bailout. The U.S. housing and subprime lending-induced recession also has hit economies in Europe, Japan and China.

Gov. Janet Napolitano’s office declined comment on emergency planning and possible civil unrest. Napolitano is president-elect Barack Obama’s pick for secretary of Homeland Security, an agency that oversees airport security, disaster response, border security, customs and anti-terrorism efforts.

As governor, Napolitano sent National Guard troops to Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station in 2003 in response to terrorism threats.

Glendale Police spokesman Jim Toomey said the West Valley suburb developed new emergency plans with the approach of Y2K computer changeovers leading up to the year 2000 and police have updated those plans several times including after 9/11. Toomey said strategies to deal with public unrest usually involve deploying personnel and equipment to deal with specific incidents while still providing usual services.
    http://phoenix.bizjournals.com/phoenix/stories/2008/12/15/daily34.html

2. US ARMY READY IF THE DOWNTURN GETS OUT OF HAND

By JOHN CRUDELE

Last updated: 3:51 am
    December 23, 2008
    Posted: 2:57 am
    December 23, 2008

ARE you afraid that the eco nomic downturn could get out of hand? I mean, really out of hand?

Well, don't worry.

The US Army War College is on the case - ready to handle "unforeseen economic collapse" and the "rapid dissolution of public order in all or significant parts of the US."

And you thought we were just dealing with a recession!

In a report published Nov. 4 - just in time for the holiday season - the War College's Strategic Studies Institute posited a number of shocks that the country should be prepared for, including unrest caused by the economy's failure.

The report has a snappy title, "Known Unknowns: Unconventional 'Strategic Shocks' in Defense Strategy Development," and was written by Nathan Freier, a visiting professor at the college. The foreword was written by Col. John A. Kardos, director of the Peacekeeping and Stability Operations Institute.

Freier lists a number of possible things we should worry about - because we probably don't have enough of our own - including run-of-the-mill terrorism and the fact that China and Russia could align against us politically and economically.

"Some of the most plausible defense-relevant strategic shocks remain low-probability events," Freier soft-pedals before going on to scare the hell out of us.

The War College says "widespread civil violence inside the US would force the defense establishment to reorient priorities in extremis to defend basic domestic order and human security."

Among things Freier wants us to worry about are "deliberate employment of weapons of mass destruction. . . unforeseen economic collapse, loss of functioning political and legal order, purposeful domestic resistance or insurgency and catastrophic natural and human disasters."

Oh, and by the way, have a Merry Christmas!

3. stop posting stuff from the onion...

4. ......don't ya wish. But, the anointed one sat in on the meetings. He knows too.

First Madoff client suicide just now. How long before they turn those guns around?

5. achilles28

achilles28

People don't get it.

This entire crisis could have been averted for 2 Trillion + Nullification of CDS.

DONE. OVER. FINISHED.

The extra 7 Trillion is proof that:

a) Private Money controls America's economic fate, and

b) Their staggering enrichment has come ENTIRELY FROM THE COUNTRY'S EXPENSE.

We're riding in the car with Charlie-Fucking-Manson.

Killer on the Road.

If they want to tank this economy, they're gonna do it.

They could have saved it, but instead opted to RAPE THE COUNTRY AND FORGO A LASTING RECOVERY.

Do people have any idea what that means?!?!

Thats what psychopaths do. Thats what an Enron does. Thats whats a WorldCom does. THATS WHAT CORPORATIONS DO BEFORE THEY DECIDE TO BLOW OUT XYZ.

Madoff is just a Canary in the Coal Mine.

If there are indeed more A-Listers who fucked Government and Private Pensioneers of their hard-earned wealth....just disastrous.

The New World Order Bankers are following their Game Plan from the Great Depression, to a tee.

HOARD CREDIT. NO LOANS. CHOKE THE COUNTRY INTO SUBMISSION.

Markets cannot last under those conditions.

Is DOW 8000 gonna hold under relentless downgrades and plummeting quarterlies?!? No consumer loans and an economy on the ropes???

Until banks lend again and flush the economy with all the credit they're hoarding RIGHT NOW, this thing could easily drop another 2....3 THOUSAND Points.

Where will the pensioneers be then!??! And homeowners?!?!

Yea, blood on the STREETS.

Good thing 50,000 Troops are under the Command of NorthCom.

6. achilles28

achilles28

People on this board are so brainwashed, THEY DON'T BELIEVE THEIR OWN EYES.

NORTHCOM TO DEPLOY 50,000 TROOPS IN THE EVENT OF CIVIL UNREST, POSSIBLY ARISING FROM AN ECONOMIC COLLAPSE.

Folks, please wake up.

7. I have a civil un-rest everytime I get up from a nap.
    Unless its morning, and haven't had my coffee yet.

8. achilles28

achilles28

9. Its a joke alright, but its on us, and it ain't funny.
    Which is why its necessary to maintain a sense of humor, if possible.

My viewpoint is not the same as most others, I dont personally know what the worlds elite are cooking up in their evil, but very well appointed and luxurious lairs.

To me, everything points in one direction, which is "up", rather like-a pyramid, actually.
    Which is why i dont go for conspiracy theories so much, except the obvious ones born out of motivation, political need. I knew damn well the gulf of Tonkin was bogus years before it broke, for example.

I mentioned elsewhere, the greater the population, the greater need to "control" that population, by, usually, whatever means-trouble is, governments usually end up using "whatever" means.

I still havent read Quigley, no, but Kissingers works were enough.
    A man who , despite being basically evil, its difficult to argue with his thoughts on realpolitic and "control."

Hey, Im under 35, I just like naps, ok?
    :D

All I know, is headbutting a brick wall only ever results in a headache.

10. achilles28

achilles28

Under 35?? We could be drinking buddies!!

Kissinger is like an Imperial Leget in the New World Order. A public emissary for the banking douchebags.

While RealPolitik is seductive, its totally evil.

Kill the seed before it grows. Create wars to ensnare "enemies".

The entire premise is built on a fraud and a lie.

First, Quigley admits the Commies were manufactured by the Schiffs to complete the opposing side under the strategy of tension. The english and romans loved that one. Divide and conquer.

Either way, what goes unsaid is the US still has the ability to go 100% pure free energy, 90% free-market, 100% industrialized, and bam. Nobody can touch us.

No means of political organization comes to close to achieving that level of stratospheric innovation = technology, that Capitalism does. Hands down.

And thats it. There is no need for war because no one can threaten us. And in most cases, where threats might be few generations behind, they have no real ambition to bury us.

Ever watch "The Power of Nightmares"? BBC documentary that chronicled the Bush Crazies from Cold War heros to the White House. Back in the day, seems Rummy Dick and the boys were up to their old tricks and ROUTINELY overstated, misstated and some cases, MADE UP, the Soviet Military threat.

Interesting? So wheres Emanual Goldstien when we need em?

Well, if he dies, we just invent another.

Anyway, I'm ramblign.

Point being, strategy of tension and manufactured war is a corner stone to social manipulation, as you're well aware.

I contend, the Bankers are behind it only because Quigley has written so, ancillary documents and whistle blowers have confirmed, the US Congress has confirmed European ownership of the FED, American Dynastic wealth are 100% oriented towards the stated NWO agenda - ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT. Read David Rockefellers autobiography. Thats what that slimy fuck is up too. And Turner.

Depopulation, global warming, mass vaccinations, wars, Police State laws..... its all connected.

I know how stupid that sounds.

But its all admitted, Acro.

The most powerful fuckers this century has ever seen are ON THE BOOK for one world government, the abolition of the US, and global depopulation. Admitted.

And now we're seeing it happen right before our eyes.

Quite sick, as you know.

Anyway, thats why Real Politik is a load of crap.

If American ingenuity and free enterprise went unbridled, there would be no threat.

The United States would literally rule.

And the People would rule the United States.

All the wars are just side-tracked bullshit and empty posturing to keep the charade going. While the American people are weakened and hammered down to "prosecute the War".

The WAR is the ENDS. Not the means.

The War is theatrical distraction to justify the REAL COVERT WAR against American Liberties and WEALTH at home, under the guise of fighting the FAKE "OFFENSIVE" WAR.

OCEANIA RING A BELL???

Even that fucker Orwell was in on it. Most of the futurists went on the record. I kid you not, there's epilogues of Orwell talking about the New World Order and how 1984 was really just a projection of what the "Elites" told him the future will be like.

ITS ALL FAKE. ONE BIG FUCKING FAKE Piece of shit after another.

And yes, there's lots of piggies and groups feeding from that trough. But in the end, thats the ultimate objective of foreign War, as stated by the New World Order.

To change the American Way of life so it can be comfortable merged with the "Soviet Union".

Anyway, I gotta sleep bro. Have a good Christmas if i don't hear from ya!

#10     Dec 24, 2008