Civil discourse on gun control

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

"Make a Law banning them" is not specifics. How would you enforce such a law? Would you just put the law out there with no collection? No buy back? What would be the penalty?

Provide some information.

#31     Feb 16, 2018

2. Make a law, if you have one you can be arrested and jailed. Buyback? Yeah. Sales would be illegal. Australia did it so can we.

#32     Feb 16, 2018
    Frederick Foresight likes this.
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Let's try again a different way, since you're avoiding specifics.

Before you can just start arresting people on the street for having a weapon, you have to offer a way for them to turn the guns in. What would be your suggested buyback program?

#33     Feb 16, 2018

4. And then what? That pesky little constitutional amendment suddenly no longer exists?

What could go wrong in court with your plan? Just ignore the constitution and make a law that's really a law? I see.

[​IMG]

#34     Feb 16, 2018
  5. Why not look at countries that are doing it right? Norway has 35 guns per 100 residents. Not as many as the US which has 101 guns per 100 residents, but they only have .1 firearm related death per 100k residents vs our 3.5 deaths per 100k residents.

So is it less guns? Well Brazil only has 8 guns per 100 residents, but 19.99 firearm related deaths per 100k residents. So obviously less guns doesn't equal safer especially when you look at many african countries that have less than 1 gun per 100 residents.

I believe the problem is non-homogeneous culture/thinking. Norway is very homogeneous. Most of them think alike and agree alike. Brazil has lots of different cultures so their thinking isn't very homogeneous. America as of recent, with people losing their shit over politics, is showing we're probably heading toward more shootings(and that's probably why we've seen so many as of late.)

I know some are going to hate to hear this, but we really need to keep cultures that are different than our own from immigrating here until we can be a more like minded country. Let us all get on the same page and maybe just take people from countries we want our country to be like for the moment. If you want cultural enrichment from other countries, feel free to visit those countries, but stop any vastly different cultures from coming here. We also need to get republicans and democrats on the same page. Lets stop with bashing our leaders. And yes, I realize I'm really guilty of that too. I've bashed Obama and Pelosi, and I need to stop doing this...just like some of you need to stop bashing Trump. The more we Americans keep this up, the more likely another shooting will occur.

#35     Feb 16, 2018
    Arnie likes this.

6. Never said you can't have guns.

#36     Feb 16, 2018

7. We would buy them back. You make it seem like it's impossible.

Again, see what they did in Aus ? We do that. Except we can keep some guns.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    #37     Feb 16, 2018
    Frederick Foresight likes this.
  8. Max E.

Max E.

Im not anti gun, but i think Bump stocks definitely got to go, unless someone can convince me why its advantageous to be able to spray bullets at full auto wildly innacurately......... I just cant picure a scenario where a bumpstock would be advantageous in self defense, unless your Tony Montana, like do you want to know youve got a neighbour whose going to be using his bumpstock and a 30 shot clip to eliminate an intruder? I sure wouldnt want to live beside that it wouldnt make me feel safer.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    #38     Feb 16, 2018
  9. Cuddles

Cuddles

OP, you mention restrictions don't work because of existing guns.... But there's new 18 year olds every day.

#39     Feb 16, 2018
  10. There are also dying 80 year olds every day

#40     Feb 16, 2018