City On The Edge Of Forever

Discussion in 'Economics' started by nitro, Nov 25, 2011.

1. What gets us "out" is the normal, long-term march of progress.

Here are just 2 massively positive developments that will happen in this century:

1)Fusion energy - once you light the match it can burn, essentially, forever. The sun burns via fusion energy. If you think about it, coal and other forms of energy, were once life-forms that indirectly derived their energy from the sun. Solar power and others, more directly try to derive energy from the sun. But it's still "once-removed" from the source.

When we can make our own sun, watch out - a new golden age will appear.

Scientists estimate fusion energy in between 9 and 30 years from now.

2)Much of what drove our previous blast of progress was computing power. The quantum computer will change everything for the better. Right now computer systems cleverly use ones or zeros as data. In quantum computing a bit can be a one and a zero, at the same time!

Estimates for a viable quantum computer seem to range from about 6 to 15 years in the future.

#11     Nov 25, 2011
  2. It will obviously be written off eventually. No other way.

Considering most of that "debt" is "owed" to US citizens via medicare/caid and social security, it makes sense that the MIC has special weapons and tactics, just for urban warfare................

#12     Nov 25, 2011
  3. morganist

morganist Guest

It won't be written off it will be inflated away and will have terrible consequences.

In addition the pension liabilities will cripple the US.

#13     Nov 25, 2011
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Ditto

#14     Nov 25, 2011
  5. morganist

morganist Guest

That's right Lucrum start loading your powder musket.

#15     Nov 25, 2011
  6. that's why we are changing. We are abandoning Lyndon Johnsons idea to help the poor, and Ronald Regans idea to make everybody rich, and going back to the old democrat idea of a strong and vibrant middle class.

The exteremists on both sides have had their day and failed. Nothing they can come up with is sustainable.

So the new deal is, what's best for most? Too bad about the poor and the rich. It may get worse for them.

Most people by definition are average, so it shouldn't be too hard to come up with a system that works for most people.

#16     Nov 25, 2011
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

I use a breech loader.

[​IMG]

#17     Nov 25, 2011
  8. that's a nice looking rifle. Is that a walnut stock? Hopefully it doesn't take any brains to operate. By the way, you say you use it. What do you use it for?

#18     Nov 25, 2011
  9. morganist

morganist Guest

Sorry. I thought you said you had a compound bow but sold it for a powder musket.

As usual you prove to be a man of good taste. I like the rifle.

#19     Nov 25, 2011
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

It is a walnut stock, I posted an internet photo. Mine actually has a walnut forearm as well. Currently only use it for riot control. Years ago I used to hunt with it.

That IS true I have .54 cal black powder rifle I just don't use it anymore.

#20     Nov 25, 2011