City Forced To Lower Police Testing Standards Because Not Enough Blacks Passed

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rc8222, Mar 13, 2011.

1. jem

jem

statistically speaking of course... I suggest they lower the pay.
    they can diversify and save the tax payers money.

#41     Mar 16, 2011
  2. Ricter

Ricter

Perhaps not, but are they doing Dayton a favor? See, what I'm not sure about from the clip is the primary motive. Make the Dayton PD have the same racial distribution, merely, as the city's? Replace a "desperately" depleted force? Make the force more... what's the right word, "attuned" to the city (not quite the same as the distribution question)? Criticizing the DOJ is easier if the motive is merely "20%", or whatever the black portion is, and harder if they have got to get more officers there, period. Will they be allowed to admit any, or none, of the white applicants who can only now clear the new, lower standards? And why does the DOJ not answer? Arrogance, or because they know we won't like the answer, or worse because they don't understand why?

Finally (for this reply, lol), and I know this will only serve anecdote, but is your own intelligence primarily nature or nurture? Will your kids be smart too, or "revert to mean"?

#42     Mar 16, 2011
  3. I have four. One is under, two are normal, one is gifted. Exactly as the bell curve would predict, go figure. All of their mothers were normal. They were racially disparate. The DoJ should never have been allowed to interfere with a state issue. If the test is deemed fair, then blacks should be made to pass it. If they do not pass it, then that is not a problem for the city, it is a problem for the candidate.

#43     Mar 16, 2011
  4. Ricter

Ricter

And your own intelligence, nature, or nurture?

#44     Mar 16, 2011
  5. Both parents college profs. As a consequence my earliest memories are library stacks. We did not own a television then. I do not own one now. It is hard to say about nature or nurture. I would have to say about 50/50.

#45     Mar 16, 2011
  6. Before u throw up environment let me add this. I am near sighted. If I had wanted to be a fighter pilot, should the Air Force let me in? I destroyed the ASVAB, so I could have any MOS I wanted in any branch. But they would not let me fly because I need glasses. Maybe I should sue the Air Force, it is clearly discrimination, because pilots need 20/20 vision, so what if my vision is 20/200. It is just not fair!

See my point?

#46     Mar 16, 2011
  7. No way man. Don't let 'em tell you those lies... it was RACISM!!!

#47     Mar 16, 2011
  8. Problem is Phenom, that sight is objective, a stroke of bad luck, Im a damned smart guy who can't see, oh well.

My fears come in with people, and I am not accusing you at this stage, saying that blacks are not smart enuf to do this or that. This smear has affected me directly, and I have a serious problem with it. If this smear was not prevalent, then maybe I would not have been asked to retake aptitude and IQ tests two and three times because the testers could not believe the results. That is my personal axe. I have a real problem with that.

#48     Mar 16, 2011
  9. Whitey is the problem here. Whitey was the problem during the repression years and now whitey is the problem in the 'got to make up for it' years. Whitey isn't doing anybody any favors. It's like extreme right and left, they're both wrong usually.

#49     Mar 16, 2011
  10. Ricter

Ricter

Do pilots need 20/20 vision in a scarcity scenario? That's my question about Dayton... what's really going on there.

#50     Mar 16, 2011