Citron is getting screwed by cannabis by shorting TLRY

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Pekelo, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

2. zdreg

zdreg

only andrew left knows how many shares short he is. maybe the shorted shares are in a demo account.

3. Is that what is called a "short squeeeeeeeze"?

I've been sort-of following pot stocks for a while. None of the "advice hawkers" had CGC, CRON, or TLRY on their "gotta have" lists. Seems most of the "cheap" pot stocks are barely participating in this up-thrust, if at all.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  4. In all my years watching the markets, I haven't seen anything like this. +109 dollars now or 70 percent TODAY to 264.

Citron first announced a long position around 25 or so, then flipped short at 63.

Does Wall St want revenge on the guy for bringing down VRX and others?

5. ElCubano

ElCubano

Smoked halted

6. zdreg

zdreg

you or citron?

ElCubano likes this.
  7. smallfil

smallfil

You cannot fix stupid! Some retail traders today, made out like bandits with their options lottery plays! Good on them! Trend is strongly up and you want to short it? Good luck with that! Options premiums are very rich on TLRY like over $6,300 (last asked price) for the Sep 28 2018 weekly options at $215.00 put option. I might buy one of those lottery type trades if TLRY pulls back a huge amount but, on the long side. Some excitement during the day atleast! Maybe, I will get one of those lottery type trades to cash in next time out!

8. Well, let's not forget it was CGC--the most tame of the big 3--to kick off this run with the STZ position increase. That's been pretty stable (relatively) around $50 ever since. My big take-aways from this would be: 1. TLRY is running based on speculation on CGC that's obviously not going to materialize at these prices. 2. CGC is holding and seems to have actual asset value supported by likely future earnings and perceived moat. 3. TLRY and CRON testing these astronomical highs decrease the moat of each (incl CGC) because the barriers to entry are now lower than acquisition costs.

Pretty sure if we give it another day (and very confident if we give it another week), Citron is going to look pretty smart so long as their shares are not called away.

I expect I'll be shorting a few puts on this one in a couple weeks (with a view to take the shares on assignment in Jan).

9. smallfil

smallfil

Went to Twitter and all I can see is Citron Research shorted this way back when it was $50? In that case, they are sitting on huge losses. Of course, if TLRY drops like a rock, all the way back down to $50, Citron Research might break even. I do not have positions on TLRY, not a single option contract on it. I just find this news article fascinating.

10. zdreg

zdreg

#10     Sep 19, 2018