Citigroup announces 1-for-10 reverse stock split

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Marc to Market, Mar 21, 2011.

1. zdreg

zdreg

?
    if you trade the same dollar amount the realized profit amount is exactly the same. it has nothing to do with the price of the stock

#11     Mar 21, 2011
  2. bears21

bears21

the liquidity will not be the same it will trade wider and looser. rebate traders will have no choice but to move on from this stock.

#12     Mar 21, 2011
  3. It has everything to do with the price of the stock. The same style of trading will not apply to C at $45 that it does at $4.50. The volume will also be only 10% of what it's doing today. You will not be able to trade it the same way, nor make the same kind of money trading it.

#13     Mar 21, 2011
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

The profit is coming from the rebates! Not from the share price.

#14     Mar 21, 2011
  5. Crispy

Crispy

kiss o death, sell it

#15     Mar 21, 2011
  6. That's not necessarily true. A lot of scalpers such as myself profit more from the spread than rebates. I don't do much rebate trading at all anymore actually.

#16     Mar 21, 2011
  7. zdreg

zdreg

perhaps. msft,qqqq trade with a .01 spread even at much a higher price than c.

#17     Mar 21, 2011
  8. True, but look at the inside liquidity on the bid and offer on a QQQQ or MSFT compared to a C. World of difference. It takes a *LOT* more size to punch through to the next level on C than in those other stocks too. It's completely different.

#18     Mar 21, 2011
  9. EPrado

EPrado

The C traders will just move on to another stock to trade.

ALU, S, SIRI.....they will choose one of them and move on. This really won't change what they do, will just have to do it with a new stock. But they absolutely won't be able to trade C after May 6th. At that point you will see a huge volume spike in one of the above stocks.

These prop firms that trade C will adapt and move on. Probably not really a big deal.

#19     Mar 21, 2011
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Well ALU and S don't have anywhere near the volume. I think they are f*cked. But that is just my opinion. I'm often wrong.

#20     Mar 21, 2011