Citibank PISSES ME OFF!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by texrex2002, May 21, 2009.

1. I have an apple cart. I work 40 hours a week. 911 happens and now my insurance goes up and a few other fees. So, I have to stay open 50 hours a week to maintain my new added costs. A few more years pass, and the city state and feds add a few more regulations and a few increases in existing expenses, no biggie, I'll stay open 60 hours a week.

After a few industry lawsuits, the city state and the feds rule that people who own apple carts are just to dang tired to stay open 60 hours a week and decided to limit hours of operation to 40 hours a week.

What do you expect of me and what are my options?

I can cheat on my taxes, I can rip off my customers, I can hire immigrants and lastly I can close up shop. In any scenario, it is a dead end.

What amazes me is people keep trying.

#11     May 23, 2009
  2. What kind of apples?

The suggestion of a regional bank is sound... I've been banking with a regional bank for a while... they do alot for thier customers... simple things. They let my parents send faxes all the time it makes them happy. The manger also waived a overdraft fee which was caused by a paypal error... when I go in there they know me as X's son.

I did get a funny look when I asked for 100 $1 bills uncirculated...

#12     May 23, 2009
  3. garodney

garodney

You made a mistake and Citibank's computers did what they are programmed to do, eg. boink you for a fee. You got pissed off and you want to rant and get even. That's only natural.

It was your mistake. Deal with it.

Call Citibank again. The call center person can't make decisions. Ask (not demand) to speak to a manager. Be pleasant. Explain the situation and if they are still resistant to addressing the problem, ask them if they want to lose your business. Don't threaten.

Like you, I have stellar credit. I charge everything that I can (love those rebates) and carry no balances. While it's not the same problem as yours, I once misread my Citibank statement and underpaid my monthly bill by under a dollar. That triggered finance charges on everything charged the next month. Yep, I was pissed. Called, climbed the food chain to a supervisor and the finance charges were removed.

If you want to go elsewhere, go to BANKRATE.COM and under CREDIT CARDS, you can find who offers the best terms.

#13     May 24, 2009