***Citibank Internal MEMO......in their own words***

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by AMT4SWA, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Thank you for your concern, but I can assure you that I am very much WIDE awake.

As for your claim that the Fed has already "pumped over $7.7 trillion into who knows where . . . you have no idea what you are talking about.

I see $2.1 trillion of assets on their balance sheet the week ending Nov. 26th.

http://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/h41/Current/

#11     Nov 29, 2008
  2. bgp

bgp

no landis, wrong. go to bloomberg and read. then get back to me.

bgp

#12     Nov 29, 2008
  3. Oh, the latest Fed balance sheet data as of Nov. 26th is wrong?
    That's pretty funny!

Your reading comprehension is lacking . . . The $7.7 trillion is the total of ALL planned government PROPOSALS. The Bloomberg article simply highlights the cummulative total of all proposed federal government "pledges". Contrary to what you claim, it has not (all) been spent "into who knows where".

http://bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601109&sid=arEE1iClqDrk&refer=home

Bernanke's Federal Reserve is responsible for $4.74 trillion of pledges, but we don't see all of this showing up on the Fed's balance sheet yet, now do we?

Thus, the money "pledged" has yet to be all spent . . . That's my point.

#13     Nov 29, 2008
  4. Moreagr

Moreagr

the crooked analysts and exec swere lining their pockets while the shiit was going to hit the fan.

why did they give themselves huge raises in 2006 and 07?

now its the new choatic world :confused:

#14     Nov 29, 2008
  5. Greenspan's term at the Fed was the peak of faith in central banks. It has been and will continue to be downhill from there.
    In a gold bull market, all currencies lose out to gold. We are seeing that now, have seen it since about 2002, and will continue to see it for the foreseeable future.
    My personal price target for gold in USD is, well, well north of this analyst's, but I expect that will be a few years and many more financial crises down the line.
    It's not a question of the upcoming Admin's fiscal probity or lack thereof, not anymore. Until a new Volcker comes on the scene or a new Bretton Woods type international agreement is made on regulating currencies and international money flows, this will continue. Neither is anywhere near being on the horizon yet.
    In the Thirties we had a bang - a Great Depression and a world war. In the Seventies we had a whimper - stagflation throughout the developed world. What variation we'll have this time is unknowable right now, since we're only at the very beginning of this process. In Thirties terms, this is 1931; in Seventies terms, 1968. This is still the appetizer; the main course is still on the stove.

#15     Nov 29, 2008
  6. bgp

bgp

landis,the man who knew toooooo much ?:cool:

bgp

#16     Nov 29, 2008
  7. It is. When your dollars become worthless demand for gold will be sky high and the supply will not be large enough to fill the demand. Result? High price.

#17     Nov 29, 2008
  8. You actually believe this? The Federal Reserve is a "private" bank. Why would a private bank reveal its financial position? The only thing that has stopped the Fed from collapsing is it has the ability to print money and it doesn't pay taxes. It can print and spend money until people refuse to take it. They are going to collapse and they will take the US down with them.

#18     Nov 29, 2008
  9. Since when has the fed ever *successfully* pre-empted a major infationary/deflationary move to create a stable outcome that remained?

The economy is a pendulum with momentum in both direction.

#19     Nov 29, 2008
  10. Daal

Daal

the $7-8 trillion figure are mostly government guarantees or spending, only part of it is related to the fed

#20     Nov 30, 2008