Citi stock action

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by chrismontez, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Some moves in the market make sense to me but this one doesn't: the prince goes in for another big buy on Citi at the $5 level and Citi tanks the next day on over 1 billion shares trading, only to run up over 100% within a few days. I assume anyone trading millions of shares on a stock has a pretty good handle on what is going on behind the scene with that company. Any INTELLIGENT thoughts as to who the big sellers would have been that day and why?

2. dsq

dsq

mutual funds -they are not allowed to hold non marginable stocks which is any stock under 5$...C is a pure gamblers play.You buy some for a longshot but expect to lose it all.I would say it becomes worthless from dilution.I wouldnt invest in C.

3. $10/share is another "implicit" sell-stop level for institutional investors. C melted through that level to the downside and encountered resistance on a small rally back up. :)

4. looks like going back to 5

5. Bad assumption. NOBODY has a "pretty good handle" on the true state of affairs.

6. CBOE TOP TEN MOST ACTIVE CALLS - Equity Options

Ranking Symbol Expiry Month Strike Price Series Volume Last Sale Price Net Change Total Volume

6 C Jan 7.5000 7553 0.3000 0.0200 33742

You think C will rise above 7.5000 in January ? :)

7. dsq

dsq

could be a nice rally in financials til inauguration day which also is around the time banks report earnings.....ive got a gut feeling on c but market has rallied to resistance...sitting on a fence...I would hate to buy c now and watch it fall back in a general market pullback here.Loooks tempting tho.

8. Banjo

Banjo

9. C high today 7.49. Seems a lot of call byers will earn some $$$, or ?

10. C going back to $2

#10     Jan 6, 2009