CITI is ripping us off

Discussion in 'Economics' started by taipan77, Oct 29, 2009.

1. the1

the1

I owe $140 on my C credit card. Regardless of whether they raise my rate or not I will pay this off when the bill comes in and I'll never use this card again. I will never go business with C ever again. What criminals!

#11     Oct 29, 2009
  2. spinn

spinn

i wish the sheep would start pulling their money out of that bank but it wont happen........

spineless people deserve this treatment, when will people start pulling out cash?

I wish i had a checking account there, so I could close it.

#12     Oct 29, 2009
  3. taipan77

taipan77

It starts here and now we can do something about it. I'm doing my part and letting everybody else know what needs to happen. If each of us does our part and close their account and pass on the news maybe we can make a difference.

#13     Oct 30, 2009
  4. I stopped paying all the cards about 3 years ago, no more credit, no payments, no headaches...CITI was the one I hated the most, I burned them for about $8000.... never bothers my conscience the least bit. Once you get rate jacked like that it's war really...

#14     Oct 30, 2009
  5. spinn

spinn

next month I will be leaving them and using Discover for all of my purchases after citi was my primary card for two years.....

I will not be closing the account as that will hurt my fico, but i do plan to call them and tell them why i will not be using them any more.

#15     Oct 30, 2009
  6. You are possibly correct about this and I dread the day it happens. When and if it does I will stop using the cards and turn to cash and checks. (My wife handles alll of the bills and I swear I haven't written a check in over 6 years: I'll have to re-learn that skill.)

I'm hoping it doesn't come to that because they do get about 2% transaction fee out of each credit card charge. Also, I would be willing to pay a $25-50 per year membership fee if necessary.

#16     Oct 30, 2009
  7. Perhaps a CC through Costco and American Express... haven't seen any such actions by Amex/Costco.

#17     Oct 30, 2009
  8. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Even this won't help you. The annual fee went from $0 to $89... these clowns are going to get you event if you pay your balance off every month and have a credit rating above 800.

#18     Oct 30, 2009
  9. the1

the1

All you did was shoot yourself in the foot. Good luck trying to get a job (if you ever need to) with a delinquent balance or a possible judgment on your record.

#19     Oct 30, 2009
  10. the1

the1

Then get rid of every card you have except your best one. Call each bank and whichever offers you the best deal take it and close everything else. So what if your FICO drops because of that. Banks think they have people by the balls because of that damn FICO. Fuck your FICO. I don't care if mine goes from 845 to 700. If they start charging me $89 on each card I got then I know a real easy solution to get rid of that.

#20     Oct 30, 2009