Citi at what price?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Pilotboy, Jan 18, 2008.

1. I got a semi-stupid question about C...

I see it going to low 20's before any significant bounce. It may get a pump like an Abu Dhabi deal again sooner or later and then drift down...

but cause its a major DOW component unlike these other garbage financial stocks, I don't see single digits...

But is it possible to get de-listed or taken of the DOW? (thats the stupid question)

#11     Jan 18, 2008
  2. Klamath

Klamath

I could be wrong, but I think I remember X in single digits while it was still in the Dow.

#12     Jan 19, 2008
  3. dsq

dsq

with all the ambac news etc buying financials is just gambling not trading...There is a floor for C and all other financials-its called 0.
    No,i dont htink c or bac are going near 0 but why not mid teens?
    C at 30 was begging to go to 25 where it lloked like it had decent support.It didnt even bounce off 25,it just collapsed and fell thru it.It looks ominous.Lo 20s is achievable and who knows.Could be a great up move but thats what a lot of people were saying at 30.

I dont know much about all this cdo crap and am sure many others dont which means when we do find out the panic can be increased that much more...

I ithink im just gonna stop trading thru this week so i dont get caught in any surprises...t,vz may be in for a beating as they broke down technically and sprint reported bad news and aapl reports on tuesday which i think is gonna be not so hot and T will get smashed on that and bring telcoms down since they are 1 of the last groups left unscathed...i digress....

#13     Jan 19, 2008
  4. Yes, the DOW added VZ, PFE, and AIG a few years back. They replaced EK, T, and IP.

Many companies that have been in the Dow in the past no longer exist.

#14     Jan 19, 2008
  5. dsq

dsq

T is still part of the dow...hpq,hd,msft and intc were added in 99 or so right before the bust...

westinghouse-wx, goodyear -gt,xerox xrx, were kicked out in the late 90s also...

#15     Jan 20, 2008
  6. You know,,,, looking at the charts on the bank stocks--- (and not claiming to be an expert) --- I think this is what the wall street guys mean when they call something a 'falling knife'

#16     Jan 20, 2008
  7. alex7

alex7

chart is looking pretty bad
    [​IMG]

P/E is low, but it's meaningless with unknown (future) earnings

but if you check the target prices
    http://finviz.com/fullview.ashx?t=C&p=d
    the lowest is $29

lampert is buying from ~$50 (may 16)

#17     Jan 20, 2008
  8. dsq

dsq

lampert is buying from ~$50 "

he s also buying shld from 170 ...

another market victim...rip eddie...

#18     Jan 20, 2008
  9. The problem is: the market is too negative right now because of recession fear.
    The financial sector is over sold again & again.

Fundamental side, there are so many undervalued stocks.
    But this market is now sold due to emotional fear. Who knows what investors will do when they are in panic. They will sell even at cheaper prices. Stocks can be oversold & undervalued for a long time.

I know the market is oversold short-term, but I feel they will sell into every rally. And we will have a big sell-off again. Thus, I am not buying or holding anything. I am out of this market for now.

#19     Jan 20, 2008
  10. bgp

bgp

well i'll be ashamed of myself tueday if i see citi up and i said i would stay long and i didn't. i usually follow my timing,but this one did bother me. it was the volume that bothered me.

bgp

#20     Jan 20, 2008