Citi A Buy ?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bgp, Jan 16, 2008.

1. bgp

bgp

my timing cycles usually work. i must stick with what works.

bgp

#11     Jan 18, 2008
  2. I averaged down a little today also, right at the high. Well if nothing else with the dividend you are still getting over 4% return on the stock.

#12     Jan 18, 2008
  3. bgp

bgp

i am a short term trader , at least on the buy side. i am a bear, but i had a buy time come in today on citi.

bgp

#13     Jan 18, 2008
  4. Hope you got stops, but we are due for a good shakeout day before we can bounce.

#14     Jan 18, 2008
  5. bgp

bgp

i'll hold over the weekend.

bgp

#15     Jan 18, 2008
  6. Mvic

Mvic

bgp, i'm long too short term but staying away from financials because the fresh capital they have taken onboard has essentially scuppered their earnings. All this fresh money was gauranteed a ROR (pretty high ROR considering these are some of the best assets in their class) which essentially eats the earnings up screwing the common stock investor. I favor tech and EMs as having the best shot at participating in any short term rally.

I don't use volume for much but it has a great track record for calling short term bottoms (or leting you know they are very close). The volume on the 16th and 17 would seem to lend credence to the theory that we have put in a short term bottom or are a session or two away from one. Also, most charts look like they found some support.

#16     Jan 18, 2008
  7. bgp

bgp

you have a point mvic. my avg. is 24.42 . i sure would hate to see citi drop tuesday morn. my cycles say short term buy . i will hold

bgp

#17     Jan 18, 2008
  8. You'll get some Abu Dhabi BS pump sooner or later again in this POS. Get the F out when the next C sucker rally happens.

#18     Jan 18, 2008
  9. bgp

bgp

you bet.

bgp

#19     Jan 18, 2008
  10. bgp

bgp

i closed my citi @ 24.40. the daily, weekly close bothers me. even if my timing was in , it just doesn't look right. so watch now that i didn't follow my plan it will be up. what bothered me too is the e-mini fell more after 3:00. central.

bgp

#20     Jan 18, 2008