Citadel Investment Group up 30% in '07

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Jan 4, 2008.

1. bt116

bt116

here we go.....im 28. nows the part where you tell me how my age and lack of experience are the reason i am so dumb and you are so smart, blah blah blah.

i don't really think that MY age has anything to do with anything on this topic dude. i think ken griffin's age/experience, and citadel's excellence is the issue here. they are ballers. they buy stuff on the super cheap because they are always cash rich. they find companies in complete desparation and make them an offer that is well below anything that they can pick it apart and unload it for.

don't make this a personal thing dude. it's not. it's just the point that citadel has had 1 losing year in a 20+ year history. and i think that 1 down year was less than 5%. that's obscene! they didn't get there by making bad deals. don't make this about you and me.

#21     Jan 5, 2008
  2. agreed citadel are the best of the lot.

#22     Jan 5, 2008
  3. bgp

bgp

whatever you say , i think the last 20 years have been good to many fund managers, brokerages ,etc... now lets see how they
    ( citadel and the like) hold up in a melt down,ok. lets look this forum up in the months ahead.

bgp

#23     Jan 5, 2008
  4. The HF community is going to have it really hard the next couple of years because there could be a run on certain kind of debt instrutmentsk, but Citdel will still be a great chance to be.

#24     Jan 6, 2008
  5. #25     Jan 7, 2008
  6. Citadel is a high-class hedge fund. looking forward to owning a piece of it

#26     Jan 7, 2008
  7. bgp

bgp

so far e-trade has been a real winner .:)

bgp

let me close my eyes and see what i can buy.

#27     Jan 7, 2008
  8. bgp

bgp

ITS ONLY LOST 30% OF ITS VALUE SINCE CITADEL BOUGHT IN.

BGP

i can't wait for an I P O so i can short it, just like blackrock.

#28     Jan 7, 2008
  9. bt116

bt116

We are in agreement there bgp. i think that the stocks of management companies are a suckers bet. little more than a great way for the people that own it to become super rich while cashing out of the management co's, while still investing in the fund itself. they know that the street will over value the management company - a great move for the owners, and pretty much nobody else.

but are you saying you wouldn't invest funds with citadel? totally different ball game. for the record, i would put money there, i wouldn't buy the stock.

also, you seem to be having a hard time getting your hands around this etrade deal. they didn't buy etrade stock. they are not an etrade owner, they are a creditor, and a creditor that has significant pull as to who they route their orders through. i am very convinced that you have not read the deal, because all you keep giving as your reason for not liking it is the stock price. look at the deal PLEASE!

#29     Jan 7, 2008
  10. bgp

bgp

hello bt, i will give it a second look.:)

bgp

#30     Jan 7, 2008