Citadel Investment Group up 30% in '07

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Jan 4, 2008.

1. bgp

bgp

citadel already screwed up by investing 2.5 bil in e-trade.

bgp

#11     Jan 4, 2008
  2. bt116

bt116

obviously you didn't read the details of the e-trade deal to make a comment like that.

#12     Jan 4, 2008

3. that investment will be a buffet style killing one day

#13     Jan 4, 2008
  4. also, tmz.com reporting that K-Fed has won the kids 100%

that trade is awesome. next step, brit. will fork over >50% of her leftover cash.

i bet $$ Kfed better futures player than I

#14     Jan 4, 2008
  5. bgp

bgp

really, mr.smart one . i bet you're about 23 and know everything?

:)

bgp

#15     Jan 4, 2008
  6. bgp

bgp

citadel my friend is committed. unless you live in fairytale land.
    unfortunately e-trade will be bankrupt .

bgp

#16     Jan 4, 2008
  7. bt116

bt116

are u under the impression that citadel loses their 2.5 bil commitment if etrade does indeed go bankrupt? read the details of the deal, then see how you feel about it. citadel has already taken on a gigantic mortgage portfolio for 27 cents on the dollar (this came out to about 800mil+ or so and is the only real money that citadel is risking), theyre working out the details of getting all of etrades order flow (a biz that is 0 risk and very lucrative for citadel; as is the set-up they have with ameritrade) they got 12.5% or 13.5% notes, can't remember which, and the cash they gave is secured! its a great deal having almost nothing to do with etrade itself and if you bother to read it you will realize how sick the deal is for citadel. oh, and i'm 27, is that old enough to make a point here?

#17     Jan 4, 2008
  8. bgp

bgp

secured ! sure, so are all the mortgage holders out there. we shall see. and the interest rate will mean nothing when e-trade defaults. just watch and learn. don't tell me you're one of those that think housing has bottomed too ? i shall prevail like always. these boys that run these hedge funds will be jumping out of windows and crying like little baby's. watch and learn.

bgp

#18     Jan 4, 2008
  9. bt116

bt116

lol! i shall prevail? ok thor. i only wish u and i could enter a swap on your citadel short. remind me a year or 2 from now how it works out for citadel.

#19     Jan 5, 2008
  10. bgp

bgp

bt what's your age??

#20     Jan 5, 2008