Cis, the legendary Japanese day trader

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 777, Sep 16, 2017.

1. comagnum

comagnum

If he is the real deal. He is said to have watched the bid-ask of the 30 largest stocks in the Nikkie index. He is said to have seen weakness on 8-12 after price got smacked down from resistance of the prior high made on 6-24 - a 2T. He went short into what I would call a bear flag - shallow sloping trend line with diminishing volume. Looks like old school chart stuff with tons of guts for the size he used.

Blue arrow top - start accumulating 1,600 futures shorts
    Blue arrow bottom - not positive, I think this is were he covered and went long.
    Note - this was a swing trade, although every article calls him a day trader

upload_2017-9-16_11-43-55.png

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    #21     Sep 16, 2017
  2. Overnight

Overnight

Great movie, and decent analogy!

#22     Sep 16, 2017
  3. 777

#23     Sep 17, 2017
    comagnum likes this.
  4. comagnum

comagnum

Great article. Like most wealthy people he is eccentric, the $ was never the goal, but a by product of following their passion. The way CIS sees taking a loss it night & day compared to novice retail traders & even a lot of pros, he says "a well-played stop-loss is just about the most beautiful trade there is". O.k, now I really dig this guy. That quote goes on the wall.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    #24     Sep 17, 2017
    trendo, helgen_1 and 777 like this.
  5. Twitter is a huge pile of shit to sift through and find nothing of value for trading. Personally I see no value in farnamstreet or raydalio tweets that you mentioned. I challenge you to find me a single tweet with some unique market insight on those handles.

I guess people find it entertaining.. kinda why we're here on ET.

#25     Sep 17, 2017
  6. 777

Brilliant post!

I can see you are way too smart to pay attention to the links or information that Ray Dalio tweets, including that he has a book comming out Tuesday.

Same for all the links to ideas from successful billionaires in the financial world and their ideas on money/ the economy/ the world and living life successfully.

Even on your own, it sounds like you could find no one whose Twitter feed you would find enough value following to compensate you for your lost time and the agrevatoon of never finding enough value.

No need for me to accept your challenge as I am quite sure you would not find value. Lol.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    #26     Sep 17, 2017
  7. JackRab

JackRab

Use google chrome and have auto-translate on

#27     Sep 17, 2017
    777 and ironchef like this.
  8. ironchef

ironchef

I couldn't find the key for auto-translate. How do you do that?

Thanks.

#28     Sep 17, 2017
    777 likes this.
  9. This is the guy all of you are so interested in.
    After the Mizuho trade I saw him on TV. True or not, at the time he said his trading approach was just to watch the ranking list of the CIS.JPG largest percentage losers and buy them for a bounce.

#29     Sep 17, 2017
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

#30     Sep 17, 2017
    JackRab likes this.