Circuit breaker rules to be unveiled next week

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by schizo, May 13, 2010.

1. MKTrader

MKTrader

I see a pattern in this administration. No matter if it’s financial markets, credit cards, energy, housing, etc., they do the following

1) Have clueless bureaucrats make up arbitrary rules that seem “fair”…to a clueless bureaucrat. No serious analysis, testing or simulation needed.

2) Implement the rules. If unintended consequences occur, it’s great. Then we have another crisis and repeat Step 1.

#11     May 14, 2010

2. Have clueless bureaucrats make up arbitrary rules that seem fair to a clueless public - that is more like it.

#12     May 16, 2010
  3. This will END market manipulation to some extent. Wait until one S&P 500 stock goes down 10% or whatever arbitrary percent they come up with...this will halt the trading in that stock...but, OH, OH...can you really still trade the stock index future at that point???? It really would NOT be trading the S&P 500...it would be like trading the "S&P 499"...which "S&P 500" really is how the contract is specified...hmmm, must halt trading in ES at that point. Same goes for the E-mini Dow and all other stock index futures...which is how the PPT manipulates the markets. Am I wrong here?

-gastropod

#13     May 16, 2010
  4. Not all that smart in the mechanics of inter-correlated mkts, so here's my silly question of the day.

Will this possibly introduce RTH intra-day price gaps in the indexes like ES and NQ?

#14     May 16, 2010