Cigars Anyone?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ess1096, Aug 2, 2006.

1. pre- embargo Cubans are very nice if you can get them

#11     Aug 3, 2006
  2. I believe I know what you are looking for when you ask about a sweetness to it. I have been trying different sticks for over three years or so now and have yet to find what you are longing for - with one exception...

The Drew Estate mentioned earlier (IMHO) is quite removed from the typical stogie genre and just may be the closest you will come to that target smoke. Known as infused cigars - not really a true stogie IMO. More like a cordial would be described when compared to straight liquor - if you know what I mean?

Try the Drew Estate "White Rabbit" or the "Juicy Lucy". - I know you will smile with one of these smokin' while leaning back in your reading chair. "Dirt" is a good en too.

The 2nd hand smoke of infused cigars is almost as pleasant as a pipe smoker's draft. Drew Estate thinks allot of their product so the two combined will easily cost you about $14.00.

My experience ( 3 x's now) is D.E. will infest your humidor with boring beetles (not an infestation of 100's mind you) but I have learned to keep the D.E. stogies in a separate humidor- or plastic bag in your case.

Best cure for duh beetles is put the ziplock bag the freezer for two hours and then - smoke em- whenever, but with a short memory of their history - I have NEVER detected anything foul or yummy while holding a couple fingers over a few of the 1/16 dia. holes!! :D

#12     Aug 3, 2006
  3. bump...

montecristo..one of the best.

#13     Dec 11, 2007
  4. #15     Dec 11, 2007
  5. I prefer a dip of skoal when I trade. May I recommend apple blend. lol

#16     Dec 11, 2007
  6. One of my favorites is the Punch Gran Cru line. Britania to be exact. Really nice smoke.

For a great bargain pick up some of JR's private brands.

#17     Dec 11, 2007
  7. trendo

trendo

Seeing as how Cuban stogies have been embargoed for over 40 years, wouldn't they be kind of stale?:confused:

#18     Dec 11, 2007
  8. Perdomo w/rosado wrapper or CAO w/cameroon if you like a slightly sweet/nutty hint

#19     Dec 11, 2007
  9. uhh smoking causes lung cancer and empysema .. in case you haven't heard

#20     Dec 12, 2007