Cigarettes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gcapman, Jan 6, 2010.

1. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

#11     Jan 7, 2010
  2. Gcapman

Gcapman

Does running help any with reducing the chances of lung cancer?

Just curious......

I actually smoke maybe 5-10 packs per year - for the past 2 years - after been an active smoker for 10+ years.

As a trader, sometimes I just feel like I need a cigarette

#12     Jan 7, 2010
  3. ANTIOXIDANTS ARE THE BEST BET. GOOGLE BEST ANTIOXIDANT FOODS.

#13     Jan 7, 2010

4. Did you read that?

"Several research studies have shown a link between cannabis and cancer. But other studies have shown no link. This makes it difficult to say exactly what the risk is. There have been a couple of systematic reviews that have tried to draw some conclusions on this"

"In 2005 a review looked at the results of several studies into marijuana use and cancer risk. The researchers looked at 2 cohort studies and 14 case control studies. The case control studies involved many different types of cancer. Results were mixed and the researchers could not make any firm conclusions about the risk of cancer."

Again. Fine just ONE actual case study of a cannabis user who got cancer from usage. I dont think you will.

I would be shocked and happy to admit I was wrong.

#14     Jan 7, 2010
  5. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

im no doctor, but i wouldnt have thought its that bad. probably on a par with living in a city, breathing in all the exhaust fumes, kfc smells, etc

#15     Jan 7, 2010
  6. I smoked for eight years beginning in high school. Quit cold turkey. It really is all in your head. If you don't think you need a smoke, you don't. If you believe you have to have a cigarette, you'll need one.

#16     Jan 7, 2010

7. agreed.

#17     Jan 8, 2010
  8. Smokers must not know that they reek of the smell even when not lit up. Like having bad breath, not a desirable trait.

#18     Jan 8, 2010
  9. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

your lungs....

[​IMG]

#19     Jan 8, 2010
  10. maxpi

maxpi

Smokers truly do stink and their houses are even worse. I like the smell of tobacco if somebody is smoking it outdoors though.

I was told by a medical professional that when you quit, you calculate your packs/day x years of smoking and it takes that many years for your risk of cancer to fall to the same as a non smoker... but you will get a lot healthier after quitting, it seemed to be maybe 80% lung capacity and "feeling well" recovery in just a few weeks or months and then a slow continuation of recovery ever since... I'm 65 and I shudder to think what I'd be like if I didn't quit smoking 30 years ago... it truly is an ugly picture. I'm totally healthy now, walk 10-20 miles a week just doing shopping and whatnot, no meds, rarely ill enough with cold/flu to notice it even...

#20     Jan 8, 2010