Cigarettes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gcapman, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Gcapman

Gcapman

We all know that these buggers are horrible to our health

But are nicotine-free cigarettes any better?

I smoke off and on -- and think that nicotine cigs are much much worse

I have also been told that chances of lung cancer are less with natural cigs like Nat Sherman

2. A old friend of mine just died of emphysema. Don't ever forget about the danger of that. Probably a horrible death in the last stages.

3. Man is made of water at 70%... fire doesn't go well with water...

4. You were told wrong.

If you smoke, you fall into one of two categories. You're either trying to quit or you're not. Everyone who smokes and is over the age of 30 knows that they need to be trying to quit, but a lot of them don't have the mental strength to get there.

You can't substitute one kind of smoking for another, or one way of ingesting nicotine for another.

I quit after smoking for 20 years and trying to quit for about 8. It was, to say the least, extremely difficult for me. Also one of the best things I have ever done. I had to quit drinking to do it. Every time I see a smoker now, I think 'Poor sap. He's trapped and can't get out'.

You'll find out soon enough which group you belong to.

5. Smoking is for young teenage kids who want to look cool. Grow up.

6. As we journey thorugh the evils of smoking and nicotine the "rush" is on for the benefits of legalization of smoking marijuana.

Not a peep about second hand maybe get a contact high smoke.

Ditch the gum, the patch and chantix, I'm patiently waiting for the day when smoking a joint is the way to kick the nicotine habit.

7. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

a joint - even a neat one is more carcinogenic than tobacco apparently.

bad luck.

8. you think quitting ciggs are hard try quitting dip... luckily i only dipped for about 1.5 yrs, but it was TOUGH to give up... 1 "lip" has about 3 time the ammount of nicotine as one cigarette, and you leave it in for 20-30 mins as opposed to a 5 minute smoke

9. the density of the smoke is the main variable...

10. I`ll bet you cannot find one case study where Cannabis ingestion caused cancer.

#10     Jan 7, 2010