CIA devalues Russia on purpose so India is ahead in GDP

Discussion in 'Economics' started by sanxo, Mar 26, 2012.

1. WS_MJH

WS_MJH

+100 --- the rule of law is one of the fundamental things about society. Russia does not have the rule of law. The corruption is unthinkable by western standards, and that includes the US getting much more corrupt over the last 10-20 years. I've been to Russia and it's very sad. Beautiful country, great cities and some of the smartest people in the world. But the country is dying because of its gangster culture that it's always had.

#21     Mar 26, 2012
  2. Bob111

Bob111

#22     Mar 26, 2012
  3. Are you at least 17 years old?

60% of population is in army, police and special forces

Are you insane.

Are you Fu(king insane

#24     Mar 27, 2012
  4. Oh really

let me ask you something

They were saying China will always be undeveloped, been there lately?

I suggest you take a look at Chinese cities, some of them make New York look old.

Change is the only constant, if you believe that time won't change Russia into modern country with silicon valley and all, then in my opinion you are a moron.

Take a look at south Korean automakers, they were shit 10 years ago, now, it looks damn good.

Change is the only thing you can count on.

I think US will collapse, and Russia will be a new USA, all the numbers point to that.

#25     Mar 27, 2012
  5. How is it that everyone skipped over my post saying Russia ZERO debt

While US servicing trillions in unpayable debt.

How is it this is not a factor in this conversation.

How is it Americans think they live in Democracy when every president breaks every promise while being bought by special interests like Oil Food and Israeli lobby.

??

#26     Mar 27, 2012
  6. ocean5

ocean5

Yes fuckface,60% are in army,police,special forces!

I'm at least 1700000000000000 y.o.

Now go fuck yourself!

#27     Mar 27, 2012
  7. Oh my god, oh my god I am scared for our future.

If American high school didn't teach you some basic common sense, then US is finished down the road.

Population of Russia 143 million

that would mean 80 or so million size army, police force and special op forces.

AAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

#28     Mar 27, 2012
  8. ocean5

ocean5

Your mommy shoulda been finished you at the moment of birth!

#29     Mar 27, 2012
  9. Well, I see no reason to assume that Russia will always necessarily be what it is today. The changes that the country has gone through since the 90s are truly astonishing and there's no reason to believe that they stop. I confess to being somewhat biased, but I don't think one should write Russia off.

Moreover, according to the latest data, the Russian demographic crisis is, more or less, over. The natural rate of population decrease was merely 131k in 2011, which contrasts with averages consistently in the 700k - 1mil range between 1993 and 2006. Moreover, there's been an increase in net immigration, which means that the Russian population is growing. The total fertility rate has risen to 1.60 in 2011, which is pretty much in line w/developed economies (EU average 1.59, Canada 1.67). Life expectancy at 70.3 in 2011, while low by Western standards, has never been higher (previous peak was 1986-87 at 70). Deaths due to suicide, homicide and alcohol poisoning are below 1990 levels for the first time.

To me, this all indicates that, while the Russian economy has certainly benefitted from higher oil prices, with everything that entails, there's also a secular trend component that indicates an ongoing improvement in the quality of life (see, for instance, the UNDP HDI data here: http://hdr.undp.org/en/data/explorer/). So, while all sorts of problems persist, I believe there's quite a bit of hope.

#30     Mar 27, 2012