Chuck Todd of MSNBC: Just Stop playing the race card

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Nov 1, 2011.

1. Max E.

Max E.

Chuck's epiphany comes in the last 30 seconds of the video. I wonder where he was for the last 3 years, this has to be one of the most ludicrous things i have ever heard from an msnbc commentator and that is saying alot, i wonder if Chuck has ever tuned into an episode by Ed Schultz or Lawrence ODonell.

Speaking on his program The Daily Rundown Tuesday morning, MSNBC host Chuck Todd issued a challenge to news broadcasters to stop playing the race card in their political coverage. “Can we just agree not to play the race card — at all?” beseeched Todd.

RELATED: Andy Levy Accuses Ann Coulter Of Playing The ‘Race Card’ In Tense Red Eye Clip

During a panel discussion of Herman Cain‘s outside-the-beltway persona, Democratic strategist Jamal Simmons slammed conservatives for using race to defend the former Godfather Pizza CEO. “I can’t let it pass by that Rush Limbaugh and conservatives are using race to defend Herman Cain, who demeaned the notion of having race even play a part in politics or having to do with his campaign.”

Yesterday, Rush Limbaugh called Politico‘s piece on Herman Cain’s alleged sexual harassment an “unconscionable, racially stereotypical attack” on Cain. “Look how quickly the mainstream media goes for the ugliest, racial stereotypes they can to attack a black conservative,” Limbaugh said.

“It is interesting, these commentariats on the left and right, can we just agree not to play the race card — at all? And when you see it played, it is frustrating,” Todd said.

Republican commentators certainly will question why Todd didn’t raise the subject during the 2008 presidential campaign.

Watch Chuck Todd’s media criticism below via MSNBC:

<iframe src="http://videos.mediaite.com/embed/player/?layout=&playlist_cid=&media_type=video&content=G7B920108NVGPCG8&read_more=1&widget_type_cid=svp" width="420" height="421" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>