Chuck Hughes Strategies

Discussion in 'Options' started by chilty, Apr 13, 2010.

1. charts

charts

#21     Apr 22, 2010
  2. charts

charts

SPAM ... ? :)

#22     Apr 22, 2010
  3. wg,
    nice analysis, to help the winning side, i add in some sector and seasonality aspects and pay attention to earnings and other event related news releases.

i have been leaning towards options on ETFs (SPY, QQQQ, IWM, SLV, GDX). Returns are smaller but the big blind side down moves are far less frequent.

i also like to do a longer term play with about a 6 mo. or longer option based on a seasonal move. if you can get about a 10% plus move on the UL, you can get 100% plus on the option. The down side is you can loose a lot if you dont get the move.

I have traded GDX and SLV this way.

chuck hughes does have a free blog where he gives a lot of basic information. i also have bought some of his less expensive materials. in my opinion worth the money.

#23     Apr 23, 2010
  4. akivak

akivak

What is exactly the nature of his service? Does he sell educational materials? Seminars? Or does he actually send you buy/sell alerts? How much does it cost?

#24     Apr 26, 2010
  5. #25     Jun 16, 2010
  6. dstrader

dstrader

Chilty,

Are you still using Chuck Hughes recommendations?
    Can you give some light on how the service operates (are you supposed to enter all his recommendations)? Are they mostly options strategies?

What are your results so far? Still worth the high subscription fee?

Thanks!

#26     Sep 29, 2010
  7. chilty

chilty

I was attracted to Hughes trading style because he makes it simple. That being said, I find his courses a good value for the money. I think the MVP Secrets cost something like $50, very affordable. I found the strategy made sense and have traded it with success. The downside to his strategies and ALL the gurus strategies is they give little attention to the most critical part of trading and that is the stop loss. I have traded many many systems and they simply tell you to put a stop on your trades for protection and then move on to the next scheme. All the losses of any system I have ever used was because I failed to adequately protect myself with a stop. It is a pain to enter a trade and then turn right around and put a stop on the same trade but it is an absolute necessity and this is all these guys shortcoming, they don't harp enough about it.

The fact that I started this thread was in the hope that I could contact others and compare notes so if I can help with any particulars, let me know and I will be glad to give you my thoughts.

#27     Sep 29, 2010
  8. so have you made any real money? you know all of his spam emails imply that you can get rich fast. i got one yesterday:
    CHUCK HUGHES:

Advisory Service Produces $517,376.10 in Profits with 96% Winners

Despite the daily volatility, the broad based S&P 500 Index has been virtually unchanged over the past ten months making it difficult to profit from long or short trades. The S&P 500 price chart below indicates there is no clear market trend and wide price swings. Despite the difficult market conditions my Inner Circle Advisory Service has been performing well producing $517,376.10 in profits with 96% winning trades. And my brokerage statements show $932,415.16 in actual profits with 98% winning trades for my current and recent trades.

#28     Sep 29, 2010
  9. ....i have some of chuck's lessor cost materials, and checked out his free you tube stuff, ....
    ....i have also attended his latest free promtional webinars where he promotes his paid service, which is about $5k,
    .....he looks to have had a lot of winning option trades using long calls and in the money bull call spreads...

.....he uses basically a trend following system and uses the options for a modest leverage play....he also likes dividend payers for another strat he uses...

...just my opinion of what i have seen...

#29     Sep 29, 2010
  10. dstrader

dstrader

Chilty,

Thanks for your quick reply, but can you give some concrete examples of how his service works and if people are really able to replicate his claims?
    At 2k/quarter, it would be a 10% fee in a 80K account. To justify this type of fee, I would expect some really serious confirmed gains or you will end up losing money just covering fees.
    Did you make back your fees, can you obtain his promises of 100%+ a year return? Please, be objective. I'm tired of throwing money after snake oil salesman that just show his optimal trading strategies, and leaves out the losing trades.

Will be glad to talk with you if you give me a way for us to touch base.

Thanks.

#30     Sep 29, 2010