Chronicles of the NQ

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Instynct, Apr 9, 2013.

1. etfarb, will get to your questions in a bit.

Anybody long apple is probably feeling pretty nervous right about now.

#31     Apr 15, 2013
  2. Thank you for resuming posting. I thoroughly enjoyed your previous thread and look forward to learning from you again.

#32     Apr 15, 2013
  3. +230

What a sick day and congrats to those that made money today.

At around 8:30 pacific time I was down -85 net and thinking I was going to call it a day. About 20 mins later we started selling off and broke near term support, game on for me. I managed to turn around what would've been a losing day into a profitable one. The pullbacks were sharp and felt like it would never end, and so it took out my trailing stops. But the market gave me the opportunity to be green for the day so I can't complain.

Fills on the order book are set to Chicago time.

#33     Apr 15, 2013
  4. Yes I monitor ES to see what the broader market is doing, and I also follow apple since it has a heavy weighting on the index. The S/R lines I use, some are calculated on mypivots.com, and the rest are prev LOD/HOD, 60min/daily highs and lows.

#34     Apr 15, 2013
  5. Thanks, if you like the previous journal, this one should be better.

#35     Apr 15, 2013
  6. Looking to go long if price can hold support at 2800. Upside targets are 2820, 2829, 2844.

Downside targets are 2790, 2780, 2771.25

#36     Apr 16, 2013
  7. Jumped the gun today, -425.

Be back tomorrow.

*Always trade for tomorrow.

#37     Apr 16, 2013
  8. gmst

gmst

Great Attitude! I will see you tomorrow mate.

#38     Apr 16, 2013
  9. cornix

cornix

Good luck in your journey. NQ is my favorite toy as well lately. :)

#39     Apr 16, 2013
  10. gmst and cornix, thank you.

Real quick on what happened today. Prior to market open I posted that I believe price needed to hold support @ 2800 for it to head higher. And in fact price not only held it but didn't even touch it, which is bullish. Furthermore, ES held daily pivot which adds to the bullish sentiment. But for some reason I kept shorting the lows of the range, "blindly thinking that support will break" before it does. Those words are in quotes because they are my words spoken on here last week, yet I went against my own rules. So to reiterate, the rule is this: "Never, ever sell into solid support, or buy into solid resistance". You either buy with the support or sell with the resistance, or wait for a clear break. If there is one rule of mine that I break the most, it's this one.

#40     Apr 16, 2013