Chronicles of an Idiot

Discussion in 'Journals' started by VisionTrader, Jun 12, 2003.

1. Woody

Woody

Your definition of $tick is a little off. The $tick is the net change of all NYSE stocks on an uptick minus all NYSE stocks on a downtick

#41     Jun 13, 2003
  2. Good morning. Just for the record, I do not like trading on Friday the 13th.

Also, I generally do not take a position using my system until after the initial chop. This is not always the case, if I feel I can call the morning run and I get a good signal I will take it.

I will do my best to post trades today.

Thanks for the $tick lesson. Looks like I should learn about this. Again, my goal is to make my system as simple as possible with few indicators.

#42     Jun 13, 2003
  3. For anybody tagging along, price has made a double bottom and a signal may be generated. I will not take this because it is the first signal after a strong move down. Let's look for the next one.

Also, at 10:00 there was a trade I call a HOTT trade (Hop On The Trend) that generated a signal. I will work on getting info on this in the thread over the weekend.

#43     Jun 13, 2003
  4. Again, long signal generated around 10:25. Would not take this is such a strong downtrend. If another back to back signal is generated, I will take it. Am more comfortable with short signals right now.

#44     Jun 13, 2003
  5. Ditch

Ditch

no divergence on the tick

#45     Jun 13, 2003
  6. Long @ 988.25 SL -2/TP +2 VTDB

Well this is going nowhere. (Except the wrong way). The signal looked fairly strong. Guess it just can't battle upward.

Stopped out as I type.

I wanted to point out that this looked strong because I also got a simultaneous signal on the 3M chart. Again, you can improve the odds by only taking signals "with the Trend".

#46     Jun 13, 2003

7. What does -2/TP +2 VTDB mean?

#47     Jun 13, 2003
  8. I set my Stop Loss (SL @ -2) and my profit target (TP @+2)

I will try to be clearer in the future. I am trying to post as close to my actual trades as possible and it is not easy. Too much going thru my head.

#48     Jun 13, 2003
  9. Okay...that's what I was afraid of. That's not going to work chief. You can't risk $100 to make $100 and expect to be
    profitable. You need to try for about a 3-1 ratio.

And $100 is too much, I think. I'll make a few paper trades
    today and show you basically what I would try to do.

#49     Jun 13, 2003
  10. Thanks. I realize the PL ratio is not where it should be. This is one the issues. I don't always go for only 2 points profit. I would really appreciate any advice on this. Thanks very much Breakout.

#50     Jun 13, 2003