Chronicles of an Idiot

Discussion in 'Journals' started by VisionTrader, Jun 12, 2003.

1. I get your piont - to an extent too.

Let "try to" make some money!!!!:)

#31     Jun 12, 2003

2. Hard to believe but it made it to 995. It was ugly and definitely not textbook. North, South, East, North. But +2 is +2. On to September.

If you followed this you would see that price moved up quickly at first, all the way to with .5 point of my target. This is the normal time frame I have seen for a successful trade. Otherwise , it usually doesn't work. This was just luck. Onward.

#32     Jun 12, 2003
  3. Here's my chart. I use TradeStation with Dual Monitor set-up. Am keeping the M1 and the M3 chart up.

#33     Jun 12, 2003
  4. Here is a better explanation of the basic long entry signal. Very simple and straightforward.

#34     Jun 12, 2003
  5. Today I placed a total of 4 trades. One type of trade which I nicknamed HOT is not on here. I will explain this at some point in the future.

Today was a good day. They won't all be like this. My profit target was hit on all trades. Total of 8 points.

Any feedback or constructive advice welcomed.

Head Idiot

#35     Jun 12, 2003
  6. Ditch

Ditch

In this chart i displayed $tick as an oscillator. i always had trouble trading divergences on the tick, but combining it with your set-up it seems to work out for me. you will notice that the tick will turn earlier then macd or stoch

#36     Jun 12, 2003
  7. Can explain what $tick is and is it the 4 lines plotted on your candles? You are using this instead of the stochastic right?

In my system, the MACD almost always hooks before the stochastic. The discipline to wait is the key.

#37     Jun 12, 2003
  8. Can anybody tell me why when I download most of these charts
    on ET they shrink up immediately after they are done and I cannot
    see a damn thing clearly? What the heck is wrong with my
    computer setup that does this? I do get some charts but most I
    do not... It is driving me batty... :confused:

#38     Jun 13, 2003
  9. Try this - right click on the picture after it opens, select "Copy", then open MS Paint, right click again (in MS Paint), and select "Paste". Select "OK" if it says something about the picture being bigger...it should come up and be big enough for you to read now.

#39     Jun 13, 2003
  10. Ditch

Ditch

Vision,

$tick is the difference between the number of advancing and declining stocks on NYSE. on this chart i displayed an ema-3 of the tick, works better, i think. i pm-ed you about the bands.

#40     Jun 13, 2003