Chronicles of an Idiot

Discussion in 'Journals' started by VisionTrader, Jun 12, 2003.

1. Sorry. It will always be 1M unless I post it differently.

Too much going on. Fingers are flying. This is not easy to do.

#21     Jun 12, 2003
  2. kernan

kernan

Why do you say that? Someone is talking about their system. If others are interested and want to evaluate, it would be nice to know the indicators.

#22     Jun 12, 2003
  3. kernan

kernan

Again, everyone is responsible for themselves. You are not misleading anyone. If you want someone to see what you see and what you are doing, what are your settings?

#23     Jun 12, 2003
  4. That seems rude. If he is talking about a specific method, the only way I can follow is to know the settings of the indicators.

#24     Jun 12, 2003
  5. Ditch

Ditch

I meant, are you still trading the june contract? if so, better switch to the september contract. by the way, nice trade!

#25     Jun 12, 2003
  6. Ditch

Ditch

These settings work ok for me:

Macd: 3,10 simple ma
    stochastic: 7,6 exp. ma

#26     Jun 12, 2003
  7. Thanks. Signed the Idiot

#27     Jun 12, 2003
  8. I didn't mean to be rude. So don't interpret that way.

My point is that the settings of the indicators are the least important part of being a successful trader.

That's like asking the Superbowl champions which color uniforms they wear. And when they answer, "blue"... you then think that blue uniforms could be part of the reason that they are successful.

I realize that this is an extreme analogy. But I'm just trying to make a point.

It's the skill and discipline...that's the important thing.

I have been daytrading trading full-time for over 9 years. I have seen alot of people come and go. And the one common denominator that unsuccessful traders have is that they worry about the things that don't even matter.

The least import factor in being a consistently profitable trader is...."the settings on the indicators"...it's really irrelevant.

There is SO much more to this...It's too bad that I'm not articulate enough to explain it. But I hope you kind of get my point.

Then again, maybe if you had his specific indicators you would be set for life. That could be the piece of the puzzle that you have been looking for. Who am I to say??

Wish you the best,
    gotta_trade

#28     Jun 12, 2003
  9. I congratulate you on 9 years of trading - I have been trading successfully for 5 come July.

I get your point - to an extent. I always want to learn what others are doing, and evaluate new methods. There is a specific method posted here, with indicators. Therefore, in order to determine it's validity, I need to know the settings. I can trade double tops and double bottoms on my own - but, I want to see if this methodology adds to my methodology.

I didn't just come in and ask for settings un-related to a topic.

Anyway, good luck to you also.

#29     Jun 12, 2003
  10. You know, as head idiot in this thread, I am going to make a rule. Let's all get along and have fun. I have only been trading this way for about two years. At first, I went to these kind of places to learn. It always turned into something else. There are a zillion forums where you can go and listen to all the political crap. Not in this idiots place. Like I tell my soccer team...if you can't say something positive or constructive, don't say anything at all.

Instead of "Fools" we will be "Idiots". I will get t-shirts for everybody and we will have our own show.

I will work on figuring out how to post my charts with the indicator settings. Standby. Too little time in the day.

#30     Jun 12, 2003