Chronicles of an Idiot

Discussion in 'Journals' started by VisionTrader, Jun 12, 2003.

1. Yannis,

Hope you don't mind. I just moved some of the post over from the old thread to this thread. I put an explanation in the old "TIMES" thread.

#11     Jun 12, 2003
  2. Yannis

Yannis

No, I don't mind. Any questions?

#12     Jun 12, 2003
  3. There was also a set up at 13:04 on the 1M chart ES. I did not take it. Again, price made a double top around 998.75. The corresponding MACD points and the Sto points made lower highs.

I call this trade my VTDT. VisionTrade Double Top. Price moved down about 4 points.

BTW - If price trends strongly (say 4-5 points) and then a signal is generated in the opposite direction, as was the case here, I generally wil not take it. The set up seems to fail alot on the first signal after the trend.

#13     Jun 12, 2003
  4. What are the settings for the Stoch and MACD? Are they the same on a 1 min as a 3 min?

#14     Jun 12, 2003
  5. Yannis

Yannis

What? Where? When? :)

#15     Jun 12, 2003
  6. I am really hesitant to post my indicator settings at this point. This is in no way a proven system. I'm just posting this to develop the method. It seems like a good idea. I do not want to mislead anyone. I have just begun to trade this real time The back testing (performed manually on TradeStation) was really nice, but we all know that's a different story. I am really here to develop the method for my own use and to share ideas with others. I will consider giving out the indicators. Let me think about it. Any feedback on this??

I am using the same ones on both charts. Based on a comment from RAM, I just started looking at 3M charts. No history here. Let's find out in this thread how it's going to work.

#16     Jun 12, 2003

7. Worry about more important things. There is much more to learn from this besides the specific settings of the indicators.

#17     Jun 12, 2003
  8. Long at 993.

Price made DB and both indicators line up.

SL 991 and TP 995. Let's see.

#18     Jun 12, 2003
  9. Ditch

Ditch

Are you still trading es m3?

#19     Jun 12, 2003
  10. That's very responsible of you. The method however is very simple and can be used profitably. You just need some practice, perhaps adding some filters. Perhaps 2 min timeframe will prove better, 1 min bars create too much noise.

Anyway, good luck.

#20     Jun 12, 2003