Christmas gift options

Discussion in 'Options' started by Reitberg, Nov 26, 2002.

1. Instead of physical gifts this year, I'm giving people puts on the Diamonds. Does anybody know if it is possible to transfer options over to somebody just as you would stock? Thanks.

2. yes <EOM>

3. I think they'd prefer diamonds put in their stockings, to Diamonds puts in their stockings :)

4. Let's hope those puts can buy them whatever diamonds they want.

5. Let's just hope we don't have an outlier event before the put's expiration. Otherwise Reitberg's fortunate friends might find themselves mortgaging the house to cover their a** on their Xmas gift ...

Ho Ho Ho.

6. I'm not giving them a short put!!!

I'm giving them a long put. I'm not a total jerk. I wouldn't do that to somebody.

So there is nothing for my gift receivers to worry about.

7. >>I'm not giving them a short put!!!

>>I'm giving them a long put. I'm not a total jerk. I wouldn't do >>that to somebody.

>>So there is nothing for my gift receivers to worry about.

Sorry about that. I myself was busy selling puts on Tues. and made the assumption ...

8. Blue,

It's ok. I understand why you thought they were short.

I'd like to commend you and your big ballz for shorting options.
    You're doing spreads, right?

9. I don't do a lot of spreads given that my time zone is EST +13. Just can't be staying up all night legging in and out of spreads. Naked options typically comprise <30% and oftentimes 0% of my available margin. I view the positions as long-term purchases at very attractive levels and (almost) always happy to get put or called.

Options aside yes, my ballz are very big. Thank you for noticing. :cool: