christmas books

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Boomer, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Boomer

Boomer

pretty pricey at $162...that good?

#11     Dec 24, 2003

2. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...104-7325098-3202329?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

"Controversial and explosive, The Christ Conspiracy marshals an enormous amount of startling evidence that the religion of Christianity and Jesus Christ were created by members of various secret societies, mystery schools and religions in order to unify the Roman Empire under one state religion. This powerful book maintains that these groups drew upon a multitude of myths and rituals that already existed long before the Christian era and reworked them into the story the Christian religion presents today-known to most Westerners as the Bible"

:-/

#12     Dec 24, 2003
  3. Haven't read it myself, but I would wait for a 38.2% retracement.

#13     Dec 24, 2003
  4. mojo59

mojo59

If you are interested I can give you more info on this book and how to obtain it for less.

#14     Dec 24, 2003
  5. what is it .. a national secret?? if you got a deal.. post it!

#15     Dec 24, 2003
  6. Boomer

Boomer

please share....

#16     Dec 24, 2003
  7. I have an extra copy of DiNapoli's book in like new condition which I'm willing to part with. I don't recall how much I paid for it but if interested PM me with a reasonable offer and it's yours.

Since I'm looking through my shelf, I'll recommend a few books that I consider gems and are not often mentioned.

"Why You Win or Lose" by Kelly. A fun read you can finish in one sitting. Good for beginners.

"The Nature of Risk" by Mamis. More philosophical than technical; I appreciated this book more after trading for awhile. The other two books by Mamis are good too.

"Dynamic Trading" by Miner. This one will take some time but if you like Fib stuff you'll probably enjoy it.

"Forecasting Financial Markets" by Plummer. He does a nice job trying to "prove" technical analysis, not that die-hard technicians need proof. It reads like an academic treatise at times, complete with endnotes, but it stretched my mind.

Those are the ones that stick out for me. Of course, no single book or set of books makes a trader. It's all just a matter of building a critical mass of knowledge and especially experience to get to the next level.

Cheers.

#17     Dec 25, 2003
  8. mojo59

mojo59

#18     Dec 25, 2003