Christianity......

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by RCG Trader, Mar 3, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

#11     Mar 4, 2010
  2. Just to remain "fair and balanced":p

[​IMG]

#12     Mar 4, 2010
  3. [​IMG]

#13     Mar 4, 2010
  4. They have this covered, not that I proclaim to understand it. Just thought I'd make Stu's head explode this morning.

You may ask, “But if it is our will which adopts the fall, is that decision autonomous from God's will? If autonomous, then how can He be sovereign and omnipotent? If not, then how can we be blamed if it is He who chooses an evil-tainted path for us?” This is a difficult question to answer. In fact, this is as far as brother Paul of Tarsus was willing to go, for at this point we are reprimanded for asking too many questions which we probably wouldn't understand the answers to anyway.
    Romans 9:19 thru 9:21
    One of you will say to me: “Then why does God still blame us? For who resists his will?” 20 But who are you, O man, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’ 21 Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use?

#14     Mar 4, 2010
  5. If God were to prevent evil of the man made variety (no murder, no rape, no robbery, etc.) than we would all be puppets on a string. In order to have free will and to have the satisfaction in withstanding and fighting evil -- evil has to have the potential of existing.

The fear of the Lord is to hate evil.(Proverbs 8:13)

Epicurus should have stuck with Aristotle as his teacher, and not developed his inferior school of philosophy then he would have been on the right path.

#15     Mar 4, 2010
  6. stu

stu

aww thanks Captain Oblivious, There's nothing quite like starting the morning with a Jihadist-Christian thought for the day :p

LOL in other words ...
    Romans 9:19 thru 9:21
    One will say to thee, So how come there is no possibility to have the free will not to piss off this God Dude just for not buying into the religion crap?
    20. ermm .....sorry …. messed up on the God story, who do you think you are anyhow, don't ask awkward questions, God doesn't know, so go away and shut up.
    21. Anyway, here's a another confused bullshit question about a potter and some clay instead.

#16     Mar 4, 2010
  7. stu

stu

There is no free will. According to what you say evil must exist in order that it may be resisted. Therefore there is no choice; there is no free will for evil not to exist. Man is already the puppet on a string for the sake of evil, for what would be a malevolent God.

Any God worth their salt could make it possible for no evil to exist and for that satisfaction of having no need for fear or hate of it also.
    If It can’t, or can but won’t , why call it God?

Before you start thinking for Epicurus, you might try thinking stuff through yourself first.

#17     Mar 4, 2010
  8. If evil must exist then there is no choice but for some to be evil.

geez, some of you are really dumb :p

#18     Mar 4, 2010
  9. Stu I thought we came to understanding. You are going to find another partner(s) for your sophistry, logical fallacies, and preaching of your religion, atheism, or do you force me to put you on my ignore list as did Vhehn?

The bottom line, I think you are a slime ball that is not worthy of any serious discussion and you said you feel the same way about me so why are still talking to me?

#19     Mar 4, 2010
  10. stu

stu

In that case then like a lot of your understanding, it remains both confused and ignorant.

The infantile understanding that makes you intolerant of any opinions differing from your own will not stop me from commenting against you. Only from now on you won't be able to contaminate my responses with any more of your understandings.

For all your hateful prejudices which apparently make you feel superior in some way, it seems I nevertheless have a power which can force you to do something.

So I hereby invoke it, and trust it is the last thing I have to make you do.

#20     Mar 5, 2010