Christianity:A MAGNET FOR IDIOTS,ADDICTS,PRISONERS,BIMBOS,UNEDUCATED,PAGEANTS

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by dsq, May 12, 2009.

1. dsq

dsq

It seems that christianity appeals to a great many losers.It seems that many losers at some point see the error of their ways and figure that religion will get them on track.So they get saved.However many of these people dont seem to adhere to the principles of the bible nor its spirit.For instance this beauty pageant dolt from cali calls herself a deep christian yet what christian involves themselves so deeply into a contest about vanity which the bible abhors.How does a christian person not understand the essence and the conflict of a vanity quest with the principles of her religion?She went as far getting a boob job.How christian is that?She got nude pictures of herself and she lies about it now.Then she invokes God's name and that Satan is to blame for this mess.She is not accepting responsibility for her actions.How does a person become so stupid that they dont even know what is and isnt stupid?Its scary that christianity attracts/embraces such stupid people and doesnt try to discourage such pathetic members.These born again idiots dont even understand religion.

These born agains and others in large part might be charlatans who are not interested in religion really but know they can use the christian badge as a guise to their dubious endeavors(as a seal of approval).
    The ability to 'use' christiananity as some good reference to bolster their flawed character is what attracts these leopards who have no intention of changing their poor behavior or choices...

Why the church doesnt reprimand such basic exploitation of its brand is a reflection of the church.

2. U r taking this too seriously.

Religion is a function of the state. It is necessary to keep and maintain order. It is impervious to logic or any type of critical thinking.

If there is no religion, the state will have 2 use outside stimulus to keep order.

PreJean has a fan base now like no other, and to criticize her will only galvanize them.

What should have been done with her is to allow the comment to pass.
    No one is going to change anyone's mind on this topic.

PreJean should have given a non-answer, and her lack of political saavy is what ultimately cost her the crown. Besides, we can't have a beauty queen running around saying anything off the top of her head now can we?

3. dsq

dsq

Im just using her as the latest example of scoundrel who exploits christianity.Others like the previous president exploit it with serious and deadly consequence-god told him it was ok to invade iraq.
    Im also not saying this doesnt happen in other religions like idiots who say they will be banging 72 virgins as soon as they finish hijacking a few planes and killing a few thousand people.But christianity seems to have a monopoly and seems to condone idiots using the name in vain to further themselves in questionable activities that contradict christian principles.Another example of this is UFC fighters who want to thank god-for what?engaging in beating other peoples brains in?I

4. I am grateful that Christ specifically came for the idiots, addicts, prisoners, bimbos, the uneducated...not to mention whores, apostates, sodomites, thiefs and all manner of humanity.

I can assure you that if I were G-D, I would not have. Again, I am very thankful that the ways of G-D are not as my ways.

In another thread you quoted Nietzche, in which I quoted the statement on the first page of his work "Ecce homo"... "Hear me, for I am he; do not at any price mistake me", as most people who sling these quotes have never studied the author....on the last page of "Ecce homo", Nietzche states "Am I understood? - Dionysius against the Crucified".

Nietzche thought he was his ideal human, this "superman", Zarathustra. This superman, who by his own words is "6,000 feet beyond man and time". Nietzche had contempt for his fellow man, and how does this "superman" extract himself from this misanthropic tendency ? As Nietzche states, by fleeing to a height "where there are no companions to sit at the well..."

Nietzche's superman, this Dionysius, this Zarathustra, should have been the ultimate goal of all humanity.... the pride, power, unlimited capability of logic and reason, joy and self-glory....which in my opinion, and certainly as an under-current in his works...this "superman" had to view that other "superman" Jesus, the Crucified, nailed to the wood of our sins, calling to the lost, and ignoble, the hungry, the naked and blemished humanity, to come and sit by the well with me.

Endeavoring to follow Christ, is a long journey.....the longer one is on the road, the more clearly we see that we [those who endeavor to follow] are hypocrites and charlatans, blind and foolish....

5. Dsq sounds like he is trying to convince himself.

My father-in-law who is a Marine survivor of Iwo-Jima says their are no atheists in foxholes.

There have always been and always will be hypocrites.

6. A casual study of the Abrahamic Triad will quickly show that they are birds of a feather. All these religions were spread by the point of a sword.

People thank God for winning because they believe He will stop tending to maintaining order in the universe to help them win that football game.

I have lived long enough to b pragmatic about religion. The fact is that as our nation has grown less religious, it has grown more violent.

In 1950 or even 1960 it was unconscionable for a mother to have kids OOW. They called them shotgun weddings for a reason. Kids didn't shoot other kids for stepping on sneakers. I could go on but u get the idea.

Religion keeps the commoner in check. Without that, the state will have to resort to rather draconian measures to keep order.

A 2000 yr old illogical and antiquated religion is much better than anarchy.

I fear that these kids have no fear, no shame, and too much pride, and that is going to be a very bad cocktail later on down the line.

7. Indeed

8. nitro

nitro

One of my favorite t-shirts reads:

"God is dead" - Nietzche
    "Nietzche is dead" - God

9. Illum

Illum

Hah, that is a good one:D

10. how do you scare educated kids in the internet age by telling them fairy tales about some boogy man that is going to get them if they missbehave when anyone with google can research in a few hours and learn that it is nothing more than primitive superstition?

you just cant go back to the level of ignorance that it takes to return to this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpVjBBDMOoA

#10     May 13, 2009