Christian songs I like

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by studentofthemarkets, Jul 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've always like Handel's Messiah, "For Unto Us a Child Is Born." The words are from Isaiah 9:6 which reads, "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, the Mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

Flash mob of the "Hallelujah" chorus from Handel's Messiah:

This full version of the Messiah has an introduction and mini-interview with Sir Colin Davis, the conductor, that I found interesting. It's at the beginning of the video.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    #31     Jul 20, 2020
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. "Christians" love the Founding Fathers as much as a pedophile loves the kidnapped child locked up in his basement.

That's the reason why "Christians" converted the SECULAR nation that the Founders had founded into a fear, hate, division, and discrimination worshipping "Christian" nation under "God" that otherizes all Americans who don't belong to the "straight" white "Christian" male Nazi club.

#32     Jul 20, 2020
  3. Actually, neither George Frideric Handel, born in 1685, nor his friend, Charles Jennens, who arranged the lyrics (which came entirely from the Bible) to Messiah, had any connection to America.

#33     Jul 20, 2020
  4. Wallet

Wallet

*Today’s academia approved version of US history

#34     Jul 20, 2020

5. "Easter Song" performed by Matthew Ward

This song is usually played around Easter, but it's meaningful every day of the year!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    #35     Jul 30, 2020
  6. stu

stu

:sneaky:

#36     Jul 30, 2020
  7. LOL. You always troll.

Well, this is better than the "It Ain't Necessarily So" song you posted.

#37     Jul 30, 2020
  8. One of my favorite songs, sung by Kristyn Getty, wife of the composer:

Stuart Townend wrote the lyrics. He said, “The only thing I could think was to base it on the eternal theme of the life, death and resurrection of Christ. The verses came in a fairly linear way, but as the third verse developed, I was getting pretty excited as I thought about the amazing implications of Christ’s finished work on the cross. I wanted to write a fourth verse that was about us – but not just as an emotional response, but as a undeniable statement of the power of Christ to sustain us in this life.” https://www.stuarttownend.co.uk/song/in-christ-alone/

Here is a variation with a strong Celtic influence, but it’s still the same song.

#38     Sep 9, 2020
  9. Good1

Good1

Here's a song I like about the beginning (leave home) and the end (go back home) of the so-called "world" (of man).

#39     Sep 11, 2020
    studentofthemarkets likes this.
  10. That's a beautiful song!!! Thanks for sharing it.
    What I love about the story of the prodigal son is the love the father had for him....the father appears to be constantly longing for his return, searching the horizon daily. When he finally saw his son, he ran to him and embraced him in his filthy clothes, before his son could even say he had repented.
    https://www.gotquestions.org/parable-prodigal-son.html

#40     Sep 11, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.