Christian songs I like

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by studentofthemarkets, Jul 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stu

stu

In the real world and not that imaginary one, it's actually the other way round.
    But whatevs, so long as the music's good, the words needn't matter.

#21     Jul 12, 2020
  2. traderob

traderob

played at my mother's funeral.

#22     Jul 12, 2020
  3. traderob

traderob

#23     Jul 12, 2020
  4. traderob

traderob

#24     Jul 12, 2020
    studentofthemarkets likes this.
  5. traderob

traderob

#25     Jul 12, 2020
  6. %%
    King David wrote so many good songs/psalms;
    many are still sung/still said today/Psalm 23, psalm 8. ……………………………………………………………………………………………...King david loved his hippie son; but his hair got caught in a tree+ the mule ran off.Then one of davids men killed the punk/died young.

#26     Jul 12, 2020
    studentofthemarkets and Wallet like this.
  7. Wallet

Wallet

David was known as a man after God’s own heart, yet he still managed to mess up big time. His redemption and repentance is a model for us today, only thing we can really mess up and not receive God’s forgiveness is ignoring his invitation.

In the song David blames himself for Absalom’s failures, he was only doing what he saw his dad do.

#27     Jul 12, 2020
  8. Stu wrote: "But whatevs, so long as the music's good, the words needn't matter."

Or you can try to find an instrumental version.

Wasn't sure if I should post this.....I'd like this thread to stick with Christian songs, and the original words take liberty with the Devil and how he works...but then, it does reflect the concept of the Devil, so maybe it does qualify as "Christian"...

This version has no words....just great music.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    #28     Jul 12, 2020
  9. Thanks....I'll take a look.

#29     Jul 12, 2020
  10. %%
    Exactly. And a mule is the original 4 wheel drive/LOL...……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

#30     Jul 14, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.