christian preacher. non christian shooting victims are now burning in hell.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Quite the opposite. I rejected The Lord for many years, and thought in a similar way as you. It was the most miserable time in my life.

Then I decided to open my mind, get a Bible (NOT a church group) and look for myself.

I perceive you are cynical toward the same church groups that repelled me for so many years.

By their fruits you will know them......

#31     Jul 23, 2012
  2. hardly. it shouldnt matter what church groups say. it should be the evidence that guides you.
    it sounds like you were indoctrinated as a youth and tried to escape the delusion but were unable to do so. thats too bad. i feel sorry for you. a mind free of mental bondage is a wonderful feeling.

There is no shortcut to intellectual honesty. Atheism requires sacrifice, in that you sacrifice the illusion of immortality and the sense of transcendent purpose. But, religion requires the sacrifice of critical thinking, self determination, your time, your money, and logic. (Kate)

#32     Jul 23, 2012

3. “If I am right, then [religious fundamentalists] will not go to Heaven, because there is no Heaven. If THEY are right, then they will not go to Heaven, because they are hypocrites.”--Isaac Asimov.

“To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today”--Isaac Asimov

#33     Jul 24, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

To pieces? :D

#34     Jul 29, 2012