Christian Persecution

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Here are some more excerpts from David Limbaugh's book.

* A Georgia school board, after being threatened with a suit by the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), deleted the word "Christmas" from the school calendar.

* A Frederick County (Maryland) school employee was prohibited from passing out Christmas cards at school because it "may not be a legally protected right on a public school campus."

* The ACLU went on the offensive when county road crews helped erect a religious sign along the highway even though no state funds were used for the sign and such crews regularly assist private groups when requested.

* The liberal double standard allows intolerance of Christianity, yet promotes non-traditional, non-Western celebrations, such as Kwanza.

* The liberal war against Christianity is a threat to the freedom of all Americans regardless of their religious persuasion.

#21     Sep 23, 2003
  2. That isn't the liberal view you dickhead. Just substitute christianity and anything christian related in the excerpts you posted above with anything that is muslim related and liberals would still take the same stance. Liberal view is simply leave everyone the fuck alone and stop preaching.

#22     Sep 23, 2003
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Mr. Bollinger, I hope your not The John Bollinger, I actually like him. Anyway, the reason liberals are anti-christian and not anti-muslim, or anti-jew or any other race is because the Roman Catholic church and Christianity in general control the base of the republican party on the far right. Liberals mount their attacks on the right because of the anchor that holds them there. I'm sure if our country was founded on muslim principles and the Muslims heavily influenced the right, then the liberals would be very ant-muslim. You see Mr. Bollinger, this all has to do with the constant Bush attacks, and the John Ashcroft attacks. The left is critizing their religious ideals as well as the ideals of the party. You might say that you as a liberal want any religion out of gov't but I can assure you that the left as we know it as it pertains to politics in this country wants Christianity out, not any other religion. This is how low politics has sunk to in this country that we attack a man's personal faith system as a way to win an election. I can assure you these attacks are much more about hatred of the republican party and what it stands for then your little I'm a liberal and I just want all religion out of gov't stance.

#23     Sep 23, 2003

4. hey maverick,

do you have the book ?? if so, please provide verifiable sources of the alledged incidents. the ACLU has and will defend christians, churches, etc. when their rights are being violated. although i am not a fan of much of what the ACLU does, i do believe that they are needed to keep our freedoms.

best,

surfer

#24     Sep 23, 2003
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Surfer,

I'm sorry, I do not have a copy of the book. And yes I am fully aware that as much as I oppose a lot of what the ACLU does, they also defend christians and churches and so on. However that doesn't mean that one party cannot manipulate the function and purpose of the ACLU to further their own political agenda. I believe many of those examples were case in point.

#25     Sep 23, 2003

6. ok. all political parties manipulate to further their agenda, including the christian right. i am still very doubtful that the incidents cited occured and if they did, MAJOR points were conviently not included.

best,

surf:)

#26     Sep 23, 2003
  7. You're totally paranoid...and you never answered my response on page 3 which said "WHY the FUCK should MY tax dollars go to take children to a production that favors ONE religion?"

And last time I checked, it wasn't the atheists, jews, or muslims BANGING ON MY FUCKING DOOR SAYING "the end is near! come embrace jesus!"

And the last time I checked, the republicans were the ONLY party outside of the middle east who constantly spout all kinds of religious bullshit. Let's look at Newt, who leaves his wife in the hospital and divorces her, going for another ho...what a family values kinda guy, AND a good christian, to boot.

I can't believe anyone actually reads and believes this paranoid, delusional conspiracy bullshit. You need to get out and get an education friend, and learn to think for yourself.

And John Ashcroft is an imcompetent wacko who needs the patriot act because he can't do his own goddamn job on a level playing field. Fire his worthless ass.

The republicans are about as off the hook as the iranians.

Amen, brother.

#27     Sep 23, 2003