christian love toward japan disaster

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Bull shit

#11     Mar 14, 2011
  2. Edit: "There's a high correlation with poor and stupid and Religion."

#12     Mar 14, 2011
  3. Ricter

Ricter

No, not necessarily at all.

#13     Mar 14, 2011
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Jesus, the lengths you people go in order to defend your fellow left wing racists is amazing. Ricter, let me walk you through it. In this US, there are two groups of Christians, Catholics and protestants. The Catholics are concentrated in the northeast, tend to be white, educated and higher income. The other group are the protestants. Of the protestants, the largest group are the southern baptists. Blacks make up a large majority of southern baptists as well as evangelical Christians. Southern baptists and protestants in general have lower income then Catholics.

Since he specifically used the word "stupid", he was eliminating the higher educated whites from the northeast. Which leaves us the southern baptists which the majority are black. Now you can defend him and say that is not what he "meant". But that would be you putting words in his mouth. He used the words that he did.

Here are the numbers if you want to double check them.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/dailynews/beliefnet_poll_010718.html

#14     Mar 14, 2011
  5. Except when you dig a little deeper and take into account the huge number of ignorant whites who are Christian, there's no shortage of the religious stupid and gullible in America of any race.

#15     Mar 14, 2011
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

I hear ya bigarrow but the stats don't lie. Those ignorant whites are a much smaller percentage of the makeup. Could he be targeting that group? Sure. But he didn't say that. Of course now he will amend his statement I'm sure. And I'm sure you will give him a pass. And hence racism continues to go on with the free pass system we seem to have in this country.

#16     Mar 14, 2011
  7. You'll have to ask the guy what he was thinking when he wrote that but it came across to me as anti Christian not anti black.

#17     Mar 14, 2011
  8. Hey Mav you wrote "Which leaves us the southern baptists which the majority are black." and cited the article as proof. I couldn't find where the article stated that. They didn't give enough information to figure out the percentage of blacks in the southern baptist church. I doubt if blacks make up more than 25% max. of southern baptist just a calculated guess but I'll bet a dollar to a donut it's not more than 25%.

#18     Mar 14, 2011
  9. Ricter

Ricter

Perhaps his comment was directed at the minority of stupid whites which you admit here do in fact exist. That possibility cannot be eliminated from his comment as it was written. It was you who had to pull in a lengthy, statistical argument to ensure that everyone's focus, if it were undirected, was put on blacks.

#19     Mar 14, 2011
  10. "There's a high correlation with poor and stupid and chrisitanity."

I don't read anything in that is mentioning America exclusively.

In the northern hemisphere alone...

Include all of the Americas (which includes mostly poor and stupid in Mexico, Central America, and South America which are mostly Christian and mostly poor, and mostly stupid).

You are the one with race on your mind...clearly from your posts you are a black and white thinker.

#20     Mar 14, 2011