Christian Hypocrisy on Socialized Medicine

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Wallet

Wallet

Matthew 22:37-40

And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.

This is the great and first commandment.

And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets."

#21     Feb 28, 2012
  2. jem

jem

I believe free thinker and I had a debate about the definition of a Christian a long time ago.
    I said if you do not believe in the Trinity you are not a Christian.

That set off Free Thinker and he revealed he spent a long time in a church which was not trinitarian. So now that I think about it... he was actually a Jehovahs Witness.

#22     Feb 28, 2012
  3. where does it say "not with other people's?"

#23     Feb 28, 2012
  4. i never said any such thing. lying for jesus again jem? if lying is a sin punishable by eternal torture you are in deep shit.

#24     Feb 28, 2012
  5. Wallet

Wallet

Would you want other people spending your money?

#25     Feb 28, 2012
  6. jem

jem

I don't lie for jesus... you asshole.
    You are the asshole who lies about science.

Lets review this... before I waste my time...checking the old posts.

1. did you you ever attend a church more than twice a year
    2. which one
    3. how regularly

#26     Feb 28, 2012
  7. doesnt matter what i want. jesus, if anything, was a socalist. no where does it say that you should not contribute to the general welfare of those who need help.
    people like you are perfect examples of what the author was pointing out. rationalizing your way into ignoring what you know jesus would have stood for.

"And he will answer, 'I tell you the truth, when you refused to help the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were refusing to help me.'
    Matthew 25:44

#27     Feb 28, 2012
  8. here goes jem. acting like a child again. when he is losing the name calling starts. you just made up a story about my old church. is that not lying? its a good thing there isnt a real hell. you would be looking at hot living quarters.
    in any case i will answer your questions.

1. yes
    2. a baptist one
    3. weekly for many years.

#28     Feb 28, 2012
  9. Wallet

Wallet

You drinking heavily tonight? Where in your pea-brain do you come up with this stuff.

Love your neighbor as yourself........ by all means help out where and when and as often as your can.... but this also would imply not to treat others as you would not like to be treated.... thus as yourself....

If you wouldn't want someone doing something to you why would it be ok to do it to them? If you don't want others spending your money why is it ok to spend theirs?

I realize that in your mind you believe that you have a good understanding of the bible, but what you think you understand is not what's written or the truth.

#29     Feb 28, 2012
  10. jem

jem

Well that would make very like make you a fundamentalist just not 7th Day Adventist. If I was wrong and you were not arguing Arius was correct, I will apologize for that mis statement due to faulty recollection.

#30     Feb 28, 2012