Christian Hypocrisy on Socialized Medicine

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Me too, in fact I'd pay for it single handily. Is that whats meant by "single payer"? :D

#11     Feb 28, 2012
  2. not only that but he is wrong. like most bible thumpers he does not know his bible. christians are commanded to obey government:

Romans 13:1-3
    New International Version (NIV)

Romans 13
    Submission to Governing Authorities
    1 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.

#12     Feb 28, 2012
  3. No they are not commanded to obey the government.

http://romans13.embassyofheaven.com/understanding.htm

#13     Feb 28, 2012
  4. excellent job of revisionism. just one small question. people like you believe the bible is the word of god? right. you also believe god is a wise and all knowing god.
    why do you think your god was not smart enough to add the words you have added to the verse to change the meaning to what you think it means?
    why must you bible thumpers always find a way to rationalize away the plain words of any bible verse you are uncomfortable with?

#14     Feb 28, 2012
  5. Since we're on bible verses of questionable validity. I received this in email today:

By chance I stumbled upon this verse in the Bible:
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
    but the heart of the fool to the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

Thus sayeth the Lord. Amen.

Obviously from a right wing type friend.

And then a rebuttal, again not sure, haven't checked:

The real bible verse: Matthew 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Again, not sure if any of this is true. Too much to get through when trying to interpret each person's version of the various bibles.

c

#15     Feb 28, 2012
  6. rew

rew

Jesus told people to be charitable with their own money, time, and effort -- not with other people's. Ron Paul opposes socialized medicine, and never accepted Medicare or Medicaid -- instead when patients couldn't afford the usual fees he negotiated lower fees or worked for free. Ron Paul, unlike Freethinker, is a real Christian.

#16     Feb 28, 2012
  7. since you seem to pop up on all these religious threads as a biblethumper defending christians you must have some bible knowledge. please quore the scripture for this statement:
    "Jesus told people to be charitable with their own money, time, and effort -- not with other people's."

#17     Feb 28, 2012
  8. jem

jem

disclaimer for OP..

No Thinker was once a fundamentalist Branch Dividian type and I am quite sure he got the good parts of that sect wrong. He is still a fundamentalist. He still suffers from a warped intolerant mind. His current bigotry extends to anyone who believes in a God.

He is now the consumate fundamentalist Party member.

#18     Feb 28, 2012
  9. Admittedly, you guys have been squabbling down here longer than I, but how do you know about his Branch Dividian fundamentalist beginnings? Is this just 'type-casting' or was something actually discussed. Just curious?

c

#19     Feb 28, 2012
  10. jem is just making shit up again. you have to be suspect of anything he says. he has the lying for jesus thing down to a science. he knows full well i was born and raised and baptised as a plain old baptist.
    jem is a catholic and he gets pissed when i expose his religion for the mass delusion that it is.

#20     Feb 28, 2012