Christ the Redeemer

Discussion in 'Politics' started by saxon, Apr 9, 2009.

1. You don't understand. Its symbolism. It was never meant to be taken literally. If you want to really learn about how man has created myths to put a human face on God then read Joseph Campbell's Hero with a Thousand Faces.

You are all form over substance.

John

#21     Apr 11, 2009
  2. No just worthless and self centered which is why you didn't see bus loads of Atheist going to NOLA. Atheists don't give a shit about anyone other then themselves. Human civilization is about working together for the common good but Atheists are only concerned about whats in it for them.

#22     Apr 11, 2009
  3. stu

stu

So what was this all about.

"How wonderful is that — they’ll be rebuilding homes in New Orleans with other atheists and Christians. Can’t get more cooperative than that. I mentioned last year that the Atheists, Agnostics, & Freethinkers from the University of Illinois went on a similar trip (and they’ll be doing it again this year, joining up with Ashley’s group)."

If you are not a bus load of theists you ain't helping NOLA? You would seem to have a bit of nasty theistic bigotry going on there dude.

#23     Apr 11, 2009
  4. That blog is should bullshit. Why are you so defensive?

#24     Apr 11, 2009
  5. saxon

saxon

I think we can agree on this. Jesus would be the first to say that the message (teaching) is more important than the box it has been packaged in.

"Wisdom is justified by ALL her children." Luke 7:35

#25     Apr 11, 2009
  6. John is one of the biggest bigots on this site. That's why so many have him on ignore.

#26     Apr 11, 2009
  7. The more cowards about Race who put me on ignore then the less people I have to deal with.

John

#27     Apr 11, 2009