Christ the Redeemer

Discussion in 'Politics' started by saxon, Apr 9, 2009.

1. saxon

saxon

Here is my theological offering for Easter Week:

Lately I have been thinking about the distinction in meaning between Christ the Savior, and Christ the Redeemer.

Christ the Savior implies division; life from death, saved from damned, just from unjust, etc. Very untidy.

Christ the Redeemer, on the other hand, implies something deeper. To redeem is to realize value; to imbue with meaning...as in redeeming human suffering, human experience. All of it. Good and bad. Just and unjust. For the mutual benefit (education) of all.

I like this one better.

Peace.

2. saxon

saxon

3. the whole Christ the Savior thing is nothing more than primitive superstition.

4. Don't forget, if you hide the eggs too good they'll never find them. And don't forget the bunny.

5. Amen to that, brother. Amen

6. From what you want, GoD cannot save you.

Christ!

7. Good Friday? What a joke.

A holiday to celebrate a man getting tortured and executed in one of the most painful ways imaginable. The Romans were sadistic, and they came up with many sick ways to inflict capital punishment, but the cross might well have been the sickest.

And to call it GOOD Friday?

8. HE don't give, HE takes! :(

9. Don't worry about vhehn (I have him on ignore but saw him in your response). He is a hammer running around for nails to pound in - living in the P&R forums so he can say meaningless things based on his miniscule grasp. But you and I have a pretty good idea he will have a rude awakening when the time comes. Regardless of his snide coments most likely to follow (which I do not have to see - like a small dog yapping in a petstore window - no sound but a lot of frantics :D )

Blessings

#10     Apr 10, 2009