Christ Is Risen!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mercor, Apr 12, 2009.

1. isnt it interesting that those who claim to be jesus followers can rationalize away specific directions supposedly from him.

Jesus- Sell all you have, give the money from your sales to the poor, then you can follow me.
    jem- Right. Just a second, Im in a debate with this atheist online.
    Jesus- ~sigh~ Sell all you have, give the money from your sales to the poor, then you can follow me.
    jem- Yeah yeah, just a minute. Ive GOT to show this atheist how he's wrong about you!
    Jesus- ~double sigh~ Sell all you have, give the money from your sales to the poor, then you can follow me.
    jem- Get off my back already! Geez, cant you see Im doing God's work here?!?
    Jesus-You're not listening to me. Sell all you have, give the money from your sales to the poor, then you can follow me.
    jem- What? Give up my computer? But this is how I do God's work!! GET OFF MY BACK!
    Jesus- You're not listening. ALL you are doing is debating foolish words, NOT salvation!
    jem- O COMMON! There's NO WAY you literally meant to sell everything.
    All the scholars know that! Jeez, how stupid!
    Now get off my back Jesus.

#31     Apr 12, 2009
  2. Most Christians think it is enough to just say they are Christians, to tell others they are Christians.

Few think they actually have to act on the words attributed to Jesus.

When it gets tough for them, they just sin and think "Jesus will take care of that, after all, I am a sinner, what else am I supposed to do? Jesus gives me the lifetime get out of jail free card. I should feel bad about it or change? Nope, Jesus said I don't have to, I just have to give lip service to it."

Most modern day Christians in America are the worst thing that every happened to Christianity...

#32     Apr 12, 2009
  3. Well, vhehn, it seems we share the same passion..theology !

So...Solomon...destined for fellowship with G-D or eternal seperation ?

#33     Apr 12, 2009
  4. jem

jem

Note - while you were quoting - I added a few things to my quote.

Vhehn - You guys just do not get it. But it is not surprising. No one is saying everyone who hears the gospel or proclaims that they are Christian are saved. Everyone who reads the bible knows that.

zzz- is that more hatred and judgment from the guy who won't judge other cultures for child molestation. I suppose you live some sort of holy life?

And Vhehn no one who takes the time to understand Gods message thinks they can go out and be evil on purpose and still merit salvation. That is a very juvenile understanding. Just read the promises God made regarding eternal life. Really read into the teaching and learn what the words mean. Jesus preached against the people who said Lord Lord - but did not really produce.
    ------
    The Purpose of the Parables
    (Mark 4:10-12; Luke 8:9-10)
    10Then the disciples came and said to Jesus,3 "Why do you speak to people4 in parables?" 11He answered them, "You have been given knowledge about the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but it hasn't been given to them. 12For to anyone who has something, more will be given, and he will have more than enough. But from the one who doesn't have anything, even what he has will be taken away from him. 13That's why I speak to them in parables, because

`they look but don't see,
    and they listen but don't hear or understand.'
    14With them the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled, which says:
    `You will listen and listen but never understand.
    You will look and look but never comprehend.
    15 For this people's heart has become dull,
    and their ears are hard of hearing.5
    They have shut their eyes
    so that they might not see with their eyes,
    and hear with their ears,
    and understand with their heart and turn,
    and I would heal them.'6

16"How blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear! 17For truly I tell you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see the things you see but did not see them, and to hear the things you hear but did not hear them."

Jesus Explains the Parable about the Sower
    (Mark 4:13-20; Luke 8:11-15)
    18"Listen, then, to the parable about the sower. 19When anyone hears the word about the kingdom yet doesn't understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is what was sown along the path. 20As for what was sown on the stony ground, this is the person who hears the word and accepts it at once with joy, 21but since he doesn't have any root in himself, he lasts for only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes along because of the word, he immediately falls away. 22As for what was sown among the thornbushes, this is the person who hears the word, but the worries of life and the deceitful pleasures of wealth choke the word so that it can't produce a crop. 23But as for what was sown on good soil, this is the person who hears the word, understands it, and produces a crop that yields a hundred, sixty, or thirty times what was sown."7

24He presented another parable to them, saying, "The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25While people were sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat and went away. 26When the crop came up and bore grain, the weeds appeared, too. 27The owner's servants came and said to him, `Master, you sowed good seed in your field, didn't you? Then where did these weeds come from?' 28He told them, `An enemy did this!' The servants said to him, `Then do you want us to go and pull them out?' 29He said, `No, for if you pull out the weeds, you might pull out the wheat with them. 30Let both grow together until the harvest, and at harvest time I will tell the reapers, "Gather the weeds first and tie them in bundles for burning, but bring the wheat into my barn."'"

The Parables about a Mustard Seed and Yeast
    (Mark 4:30-32; Luke 13:18-21)
    31He presented another parable to them, saying, "The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed that a man took and planted in his field. 32Although it is the smallest of8 all seeds, when it is fully grown it is larger than the garden plants and becomes a tree, and the birds in the sky come and nest in its branches."

33He told them another parable: "The kingdom of heaven is like yeast that a woman took and mixed with9 three measures of flour until all of it was leavened."

Why Jesus Used Parables
    (Mark 4:33-34)
    34Jesus told the crowds all these things in parables. He did not them tell anything without using10 a parable. 35This was to fulfill what was declared by the prophet11 when he said,

"I will open my mouth to speak12 in parables.
    I will declare what has been hidden
    from the foundation of the world."13

Jesus Explains the Parable about the Weeds
    36Then Jesus14 left the crowds and went into the house. His disciples came to him and said, "Explain to us the parable about the weeds in the field." 37He answered, "The person who sowed good seed is the Son of Man, 38while the field is the world. The good seed are those who belong to15 the kingdom, while the weeds are those who belong to16 the evil one. 39The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels. 40Just as weeds are gathered and burned with fire, so it will be at end of the17 age. 41The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will gather from his kingdom everything that causes others to sin and those who practice lawlessness 42and they will throw them into a blazing furnace. In that place there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.18 43Then the righteous will shine like the sun in their Father's kingdom. Let the person who has ears19 listen!"

http://www.sbl.org/wbs/kingdom/Week8/matthew13.htm#13.14

#34     Apr 12, 2009
  5. its hard for rational thinking people to have fellowship with imaginary beings.

#35     Apr 12, 2009
  6. isnt it interesting that when a christian reads something in the bible he is uncomfortable with following he calls it a parable. when an unbeliever reads something in the bible that is physically impossible and asks the christian how it could be possible the christian says its gods inerrant word. it is amazing how you get to pick and choose what is real and what is a parable.

#36     Apr 12, 2009
  7. "zzz- is that more hatred and judgment from the guy who won't judge other cultures for child molestation. I suppose you live some sort of holy life?"

Is that your way of turning the other cheek?

LOL!

What, do you think "turn the other cheek" doesn't apply to you?

#37     Apr 12, 2009
  8. I think it means that it is a myth to believe that smily is really a trader :D

#38     Apr 12, 2009
  9. whereas Islam is the rantings of a likely nonexistent prophet who decided to rewrite the scriptures into the pretext for the holy men to send out children with explosives, because they would not do it themselves.

#39     Apr 12, 2009
  10. I may have not given enough information to understand my question....

If wordly riches were anathema...what of Solomon ?

#40     Apr 12, 2009