Christ Is Risen!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mercor, Apr 12, 2009.

1. jem

jem

he died on the cross and by rising he restored our life. he is risen.

God is probably outside time. He sent his son into our "time" this is our universe.

Your reasoning that a risen christ means a dead universe - is interesting speculation. It may not even be inconsistent with the bible.

As I said. I suspect God is outside of time. But, I anchor myself in the bible. If I believe in God and I believe Christ is also God - I might as well anchor my beliefs and my understanding in the Bible.

Of course I am free to make up my own shit as well. If I did not believe that God had made promises and that he keeps them and the bible is a record of those promises. ... I would probably call you up - ask you more about your philosophy and use it to make millions as a televangelist on t.v.

But, the difference between you and I, is that I believe in something greater than myself. I believe in the God of the bible and that we may know him by the promises he made in the bible. I believe the promises Jesus made when he told what we must do to have eternal life.

The peach of Christ to you, happy Easter.

#21     Apr 12, 2009
  2. Thanks for the making millions idea.

Yes, God is outside of time, just as Christ is outside of a tomb.
    Get it? Time and tomb are synonymous. All of time is a tomb for a "dead" Christ..."born to die"..."from womb to tomb". But time-life is not lifetime at all!

A risen Christ means a non-existent big-bang generated universe. Are not non-existence and death synonyms? Even, if by all appearances the universe is generated by a big bang, it is still just an appearance. It appears in your mind. Therefore, the universe symbolizes a closed mind...sleeping and dreaming of exile and death. To truly "live", you must escape temporary "liFe" (time) in exchange for eternal LifE.

How are you going to do that?

The peach of Christ be with you also.

Christ!:D

P.S. - This interpretation would get me banned over at TheologyWeb.

#22     Apr 12, 2009
  3. Christ is outside of time with God.
    The bible is inside of time with the god of all time ("father time".)
    The father of time is not *Our Father*.
    If you anchor yourself to Christ...outside of time...you anchor to a rock.
    If you anchor yourself to the bible...inside of time... you anchor to sand and life-death cycles...to change.

Time and "sin" are synonymous. Sinners simply log the hours, and are periodically paid with death. Thus, "the wages of sin is death"...another dead metaphor unless it is properly understood. Death is a punctuation mark in a long sad story - both comic and tragic - of a useless journey away from home.

Christ!

#23     Apr 12, 2009
  4. The god of the bible is the god of time. See, it says, "In the beginning, god...". This is speaking of "father time"...and his domain: "the world". The difference between father time and *Our Father* is that father time is the father of all that is temporary, and *Our Father* is the father of all that is eternal.

If we are mortals, we are temporary.
    If we are immortal, we are eternal.

We must choose our "father" carefully. We experience time because we have chosen father time as our "father".
    Rather, let us choose *Our Father* as our true Father.

Let us let Him be the only one "greater" than who and what we truly are.

The peach of Christ to you also. :D

Christ!

#24     Apr 12, 2009
  5. Jesus is simply a prophet and not the son of Allah:)

#25     Apr 12, 2009
  6. Right.

Allah is the father of time...galaxies, stars, planets...and biological existence. This is not the "Father" that Jesus spoke of. So, no, Jesus is not the son of Allah. Neither is Jesus really the son of the "Father" he spoke of. Rather, Christ is the Son of the "Father" Jesus spoke of. Jesus is really that Son. That Son is not really Jesus.

To help you understand this, I'll lend you a metaphor:

A man falls asleep and dreams he is a little elf with an elf daddy who has an elf daddy...who was made in the image of elf god.

Is the man an elf?
    Is the elf the man?

Rather, the elf is really the man.
    But,
    The man is not really the elf.

The elf is a "dream".
    The man is a "reality".

Likewise, Jesus is to Christ what the elf is to the man in my parable.
    And Allah is the elf god.

I believe even stu could understand this one!
    Er, does that mean I believe in stu? :confused:

Christ!:D

#26     Apr 12, 2009
  7. Adam without a doubt did not exist; therefore, there is no original sin of Adam; hence, there is no need for a Saviour to die on a cross.

The whole Easter story hinges upon something that has been refuted--the special creation of humanity in the Garden of Eden.

As for Easter myth, I prefer the Easter bunny. Much less morbid, and just as real.

#27     Apr 12, 2009
  8. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ninDMqYoJ8Q

The Resurrection Of Jesus: Are The Stories Reliable

#28     Apr 12, 2009
  9. no you dont. if you did you wouldnt own a computer:
    Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, "Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?" "Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments." "Which ones?" the man inquired. Jesus replied, " `Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not give false testimony, honor your father and mother,' and `love your neighbor as yourself.'" "All these I have kept," the young man said. "What do I still lack?" Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." "

#29     Apr 12, 2009
  10. jem

jem

Ah the message of the entire bible in one of my favorite passages. You just preached part of the Easter message.

1. Why call Jesus good - there is only one who is good. Jesus uses the question to point out the man is proving Jesus is God.

2. Jesus shows that no matter how well you keep the commandments - you can never merit God's grace on your own. Our works are as rags. You are never going to merit eternal life. You are not good. You are not perfect. There is always more you can do. When people spoke of the law Jesus frequently, if not always explained, there is always more to do.

Jesus explained he was not here to wipe out the law but fulfill it. For man the law is not enough. No man can fulfill the Spirit of the law.

( Even today this concept of not being able to legislate spirt is prevalent. The principle of U.S. is to be good. But when the U.S. drafts laws it has to pick out specific acts to penalize. We can't draft the principle into law - the law would be to vague - so we have to just legislate the don'ts. We don't even have good smaritan laws because they would be too difficult to administer. )

The principle of being Good or Perfect is something no man can fulfill. God gave Moses the don'ts. But Jesus embodied the principle of good. Jesus is the whole law - he is the Principle of the law.)

3. Jesus replied to the man after he said he kept the law - " if thou wilt be perfect". Letting the man know - you might earn you way into heaven if you are perfect. But, there is only one who is good.. not any man.

In the next part of the passage - which you did not quote - we see the following -

4. Jesus then explained God's plan in a nutshell. I quote the passage in context in quotes below my comments.

With man it is impossible but with God all things are possible.

With the works of man it is impossible to earn the right to spend eternity in a place of perfection with God.

But if you listen to God/Jesus and act on his promises you can ask God to substitute Jesus's acts for your life.

By acting on Jesus' promises you can have Jesus' earn your salvation.

That is the Easter message. It is your job to act on the promises.

Now your quote in context...

"And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? [there is] none good but one, [that is], God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
    Treasury of Scripture Mat 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
    Treasury of Scripture KMat 19:19 Honour thy father and [thy] mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
    Mat 19:20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?
    Mat 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go [and] sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come [and] follow me.
    Mat 19:22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.
    Mat 19:23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
    Treasury of Scripture
    Mat 19:24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
    Mat 19:25 When his disciples heard [it], they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?
    Mat 19:26 But Jesus beheld [them], and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible. "

#30     Apr 12, 2009