Chris Wallace smacks Jon Stewart right back

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Lornz

Lornz

DIScontempt? I am discontent with that contemptuous remark... I think my wires have crossed, I fear I might have suffered from a stroke. If I do not post within the next few years hours, somebody PLEASE call an ambulance...

#11     Jun 27, 2011
  2. Lornz

Lornz

I am not claiming that there is a grand conspiracy, I am merely stating that they are idiots!

However, one must be incredibly naive to assert that certain agendas are not being promoted. The fabric of society is corrupt, and the media industry is no different...

#12     Jun 27, 2011
  3. You must not read the Washington Post or NY Times much. They relentlessly push their agenda, usually in supposed news reports rather than editorials.

#13     Jun 27, 2011
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yes, I do read them but listen to what I'm saying. It's not the NY Times specifically that is pushing the agenda, it's the individual writers at the NY Times pushing their agendas.

Look, we all know that most of the people in the media are liberal. So collectively as a group, they are extremely liberal. What I am saying is that just like with FOX News, there are no orders being sent down from up above telling these people what to say and write. They just happen to all be liberal!!!!! There is no conspiracy here. Same is true with FOX news or the Washington Times. There are no marching orders given by the Murdochs, etc. The conservative commentators on FOX happen to give a conservative point of view. Shocking!

What I have said before and what I will continue to say, is my beef is not in the point of view of FOX or MSNBC, but rather how they PRESENT that point of view.

#14     Jun 27, 2011
  5. #15     Jun 27, 2011
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yes everyone knows Media Matters is a left wing moonbat operation. And this is my point. MSNBC has this group on 15 times a day spouting their BS about Fox News. Why don't they at the same time have a conservative commentator on to counter their argument. This is the point I've been trying to make to liberals on this damn forum for years. When I say Fox is more balanced, I don't mean in their point of view, but rather that they usually have someone from both sides of the aisle to call the other out on their bullshit. This almost never happens at MSNBC.

#16     Jun 27, 2011
  7. as678

as678

Just like umm... oh what's his name... oh yeah! Bill O'Reilly!

#17     Jun 27, 2011
  8. I was just kidding you, but I think it goes a lot deeper than just a bunch of journos who are predominately liberal. The NYT and WAshPost see themselves as progressive forces for change, nevermind that normal people see the change they want as bad for the country. Everything they do is evaluated through that paradigm. No one is going to be hired if they don't profess allegiance to the leftwing agenda.

Now I appreciate they have the First Amendment right to do that and push whatever propaganda line they want, but it's unrealistic to think it is not a corporate effort.

#18     Jun 28, 2011
  9. I watched the full interview, not the edited one.

I think Stewart knows who butters his bread and he plays to his audience.

A comedian's job is to point out absurdities and hypocrisy in a humorous way. To the extent that he does that successfully, he is popular.

Where the comedian draws his source material from is HIS choice.

The more important question is:

WHO IS THE CONSERVATIVE EQUIVALENT TO STEWART?

However I do agree with Stewart that Fox constantly makes the error that his show is equivalent to a "News" show. It's not. It's a freakin' comedy show!!

Stewart never asserts that he is Fair and Balanced.

And Chris Wallace admits in the full interview that Fox is not either. Instead, they present the "other side".

Fine. But don't sell yourself as "Fair and Balanced". Or "We report, you decide."

Notice that nobody else makes that claim. Why not?

What everyone should do is TURN OFF YOUR F'N TV - TURN ON YOUR F'N BRAIN AND THINK FOR YOURSELF.

#19     Jun 28, 2011
  10. Magna

Magna Administrator

I like Chris Wallace and I also like Jon Stewart, they both make good points and are usually enjoyable to watch. Here's Jon's response to the video that started this thread.

<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/aol/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hulu.com%2Fwatch%2F253994%2Fthe-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-oh-for-fox-sake/embed/OXguNeDOjUBgGFJWl061NA/0/352"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/aol/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hulu.com%2Fwatch%2F253994%2Fthe-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-oh-for-fox-sake/embed/OXguNeDOjUBgGFJWl061NA/0/352" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="288" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

#20     Jun 28, 2011